Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanatTLFN

Masthead Issue - Video may be the cause of it

DanatTLFN

Hello there!

I'm a bit panicky this evening as I was just making a quick change to the top half of my page when the DMS decided to stop loading up.

The steps I took before refreshing are as follows: 

Added in a Masthead

Embedded a YouTube Video into the Video field on the editing panel

Refreshed 

Began pulling hair out

After this I went to troubleshoot it and have deactivated all plugins however the problem still persists with all plugins deactivated. I am pretty sure it is a something to do with the Masthead, however not being able to get in and remove that section, makes seeing a solution somewhat rather difficult.

Anyway I shall look forward to hearing your response.

PS. I am running DMS 2 

GoDaddy hosting

and 21 Plugins all of which I have mentioned in previous posts.

Danny

Hi,

What code did you add the Masthead?

As I have just this moment gone to YouTube and copied and pastes the Age of Ultron trailer into a Masthead and haven't encountered any issue ?

What version of DMS are you using ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

DanatTLFN

Oh Sorry for the late reply. I am using Pagelines DMS 2.0

The code I added to the field was:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4rUgGQ8kMMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I then added some <center> tags around this, which I think may have caused an issue.

I am currently running DMS 2.1.8.

Hope to hear from you shortly.

Kind regards,

Dan

Danny

Adding a center tag shouldn't really cause any issue. Can you please disable all active plugins, remove any custom code you may have added such as scripts/CSS etc.. and see if this resolves the issue.

Also, can you provide a link to the site in question please.

DanatTLFN
Ok will do. I will let you know how I get on! :)

DanatTLFN

I have disabled all Plugins and removed all extra code. However DMS just isn't loading.

DanatTLFN

Also if it helps, here is the log from the Javascript Console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Space+Bid&ver=c0f7b0

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a functionwww.thelocalfilmnetwork.com/:97

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd/cast_sender.js

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://dliochdbjfkdbacpmhlcpmleaejidimm/cast_sender.js

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://hfaagokkkhdbgiakmmlclaapfelnkoah/cast_sender.js

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://fmfcbgogabcbclcofgocippekhfcmgfj/cast_sender.js

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED chrome-extension://enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo/cast_sender.js

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Space+Bid&ver=c0f7b0

Danny

It appears that you have W3 Total Cache installed and still active on your site, you're going to need to keep all plugins disabled. Can you send me a PM with the following information please.

* A link to this topic, so I know what the PM is referring to.

* A link to the your site and a link to the page where you added the custom code.

* Your admin username and password

* Make sure all plugins are disabled (please completely remove W3 Total cache for the time being)

* Make sure DMS debug mode is active.

DanatTLFN
Ok Thanks Danny, I will do that alittle later today.

Danny

OK, as far as I can tell as the editor isn't loading on your homepage, the issue must come from the code you have used for the video. As far as I can tell you have used a TextBox to insert the HTML embed code. This is where the error stems from, as you shouldn't use a TextBox for anything other than basic HTML such as <em><br><strong> etc... I will speak to our developers and see if there is anyway we can remove that section via some custom code. If that isn't possible you will need to remove that template and start again.

What I would do in the meantime, if possible is create a new page and recreate your home template and instead of using a TextBox to embed videos, use the MediaBox instead. When the template has been recreated set it to your homepage.

This is a pain in the backside, but at least your homepage works as intended when the editor isn't active, so it isn't effecting your readers.

DanatTLFN

Yes True enough, although I only encountered an issue when I removed said Textbox and entered a masthead section with the embed code. Up to that point I had been using a text box to showcase my films without any issue? 

Shame I may have to recreate my template never mind.

• Similar Content

• travistsickle
      By travistsickle+
      The youtube video on the journey section isn't playing.  The image shows, but it just pops up white.  I tried multiple devices and browsers.

www.sicklehunter.com  it's on the front page.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson