Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave2

PL Carousel height changes when switching images

Dave2

I added the PL Carousel to my homepage and it seems to switch the height when it changes the displayed image. I have the images all set to the same size (height & width) so I am not sure why the carousel does this. It is a bit distracting in that it makes the page jerk up/down when the slide changes. Do I need to add a fixed height element around the carousel to stop this behaviour or is there some other setting I should use?

Danny

Hi,

When you're using shortcodes make sure that you have the shortcode in one line i.e. no line breaks. For example, at the moment you likely have the following:

[shortcode]

something

something

[/shortcode]

Instead make it so that it looks like this

[shortcode] something something[/shortcode]

By doing this, it should resolve the space you see when switching slides. You also need to make sure that all your images are the same size, otherwise the carousel will adjust its height.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Dave2

Danny:

I went through the images and ensured they are all the same size. They are all 1024x439px. The carrousel div has a calculated size of 1100x439px not sure where that size came from, must be something internal to the shortcode? I also ensured that the shortcodes were all on a single line, in fact I made it all on huge line to ensure no erroneous line breaks. 

It did not make any difference. I wonder if it comes down to the fact that the carrousel is in the wordpress content section of the page and the content below is in a template area I placed just below the wp content area?

Danny

Can you provide me via a pastie or pastbin the code you have used please.

Dave2

Danny:

Here it is:

[ptiframe]111-gv1yry[/ptiframe]

As I said, one long line! 

This is, by the way, the only content that is in the wp_content section, all other page content is maintained via the template.

Dave2

Danny:

I was sitting and watching the carousel do its thing...and I think I see what is causing the height change. It looks like while the image is changed the text is hidden and only the slide title is shown. Once the slide is in place, the text (between the tags) is shown. This causes a change in image height. See example below. 

1. [pl_carouselimage title="Title shown on slide" imageurl=""]
  2. This is the line that seems to cause the flicker/shift
  3. [/pl_carouselimage]

Danny

I must say this has been stumped, I have used your code in one of my test sites pages and I received the same display error you have. I then copied and pasted the code from our docs to my test page and the carousel worked as intended. So I thought there must be an issue with the code you have used.

I then proceeded to copy and paste both your code and our docs code into my code editor, to see if there were any anomalies and there wasn't any that I can see, except for the carousel titles being different, along with you using different images.

So I then decided to add your images to our docs code, which gave the results that you have. Therefore, the only conclusion I can come up with is that your images are the cause of the issue. How this is possible I am unsure, so I will reach out to our developers and see what is the cause.

To do this yourself so you can see my findings, simply add your images to this code below.

[pl_carousel name="PageLinesCarousel"][pl_carouselimage first="yes" title="Slide 1" imageurl="http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2014/02/sf.jpg"]Here is the first slide and it's caption.[/pl_carouselimage] [pl_carouselimage title="Slide 2" imageurl="http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2014/02/sf.jpg"]Here is the second slide, in all its glory.[/pl_carouselimage] [pl_carouselimage title="Slide 3" imageurl="http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2014/02/sf.jpg"]You can have as many slides as you can create.[/pl_carouselimage] [/pl_carousel]

Dave2

Here is what I have found. By changing the width of the page layout from full screen to something smaller the annoying size change has gone away.

• Similar Content

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      Hello,
      I am wanting to know what the status of the Pagelines Platform.
      I have noticed that there has been absolutely no updates on Platform 5 for over 8 months.
      Please tell me you haven't gone off on another tangent and going to build the next great solution
      and then leave all of us to have to completely rebuild our sites like we did for
      Pagelines, then DMS, then Pagelines Platform.
      I like what you build, but what you need to do is build one product and then make it better, rather than 
      abandoning it and building something else.
      You haven't done anything for so long that even WordPress is providing a warning.
      "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."
      So what is the Status. I mean if I am going to pay a monthly fee for a product, I don't want to pay for one
      that is no longer being supported. You have a great product, I'm not bashing it, I'm just wondering what 
      your next move is because I have business decisions to make for myself, and whether of not this is something
      I should stick with.

Please be kind enough to respond.

Thank You,
      Anthony
    • marshallsolutions
      By marshallsolutions
      For the site https://marshallsirishpub.com I am running
      Wordpress 4.9.4
      Pagelines base theme 1.0.2
      Pagelines Framework 2.5.0
      Specific page not working properly is https://marshallsirishpub.com/photo-gallery/
      I am using NextGen gallery which is activated and showing the pictures in the gallery.  Page was edited to add the carousel and points to the NextGen gallery.  Meta settings and page were both saved.
      When I'm logged into Wordpress I see the following error at the top of the page:
       Carousel 
      THE PLUGIN FOR THE SELECTED CAROUSEL MODE NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED (FLICKRRSS OR NEXTGEN GALLERY). SETUP PLUGIN →
      The site was hacked last month and it seems the hacker changed some things on the site, but I can't figure out what was changed to make the Carousel not show on the page.
      Thanks.
    • tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      The Grams section of Platform 5, is lacking lots of important features, that DMS multigram was having, there is no space for another user ID asie the default user, that was one of the strongest point of multigrams, because the Hashtag option cannot capture everyone, multiple User ID is the default standard for Instagram,  Also there is no carousel or slide on this one, it means now that if you want to display 18 pictures in one page all will be visible at once thats not good engineering.
      My appeal to the Pagelines Team, guys please let the next update have all the DMS Multigrams features that is missing on Platform 5 Grams, that will bring it to its glory...