Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chamois_blanc

DMS update upload failure

chamois_blanc

Hi,

I keep running into this update problem:

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin DMS Professional Tools (1/1)

Downloading update from http://www.pagelines.com/?pl-api=init&request=download_zip&email=<email>&file=dms-plugin-pro.zip&key=<key>&id=dmspro&rand=1310356077

Update Failed

There was a problem getting the updated file from the PageLines server.

Possible reasons for a failed download

For all user account requests please start a ticket by emailing the support desk

and it's obviously very annoying. Sure I can download the zip file manually and install it through ftp but it is a bit of a waste of time. I'm pretty sure this have something to do with the blank space after the email address. I have no control over that. This is not even the email address I registered with. Mine had a '+' sign in it and somehow your system had an allergy to that. I would like to get this fixed once and for all. Can you find out where the blank space is coming from please?

Thank you,

Gilles

Simon

Hi Giles, I cant see the blank space you are reffering to.

Yes you are right, the key software we use does not like + in the emails. 

I replied to your support ticket 2 months ago, here is the gist of the reply:

Hmm the key system does not like the + character, I changed the licence to a . so in the email field use:
xxxxxxxxxxx.pagelines@gmail.com and it works, i'll have to look into this later.

chamois_blanc

Hi Simon,

I know you did and that fixed the license key problem. But somehow it broke the plugin/theme updates. So I am not quite satisfied with the solution. The blank space appears in the url after the <email> field when the error message is displayed. I am pretty sure it is the source of the problem, ie bad url results in error.

Gilles

Simon

are you sure you didnt add a space in the email field?

chamois_blanc

I have no control over the "email" field associated with the license key. As far as I know, it is not accessible to me. My email address in my profile under contact info is still the one with the '+' sign. I have no idea how to access or modify the one you tweaked.

Gilles

Simon

In the updater plugin, you can click reset. Then re-add your key/email address.

Not on pagelines.com, logged in to your website in the updater settings

chamois_blanc

You were right, that fixed the problem. Not sure how a blank space ended up in there, probably a copy/paste from the browser. I would have never entered a blank space manually. This said, the code should probably be changed to have an email validator and/or to remove any blank spaces that are going to break updates. Thank for the quick help!

Gilles

Simon

Already there ;) the updater will be updated to sanitize the fields in a future update.

chamois_blanc

Cool, idiot or big finger proofing is always good :)

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?