Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

collin.drovdahl

Revert not reverting?

collin.drovdahl

I added an iDivider to my local template area and it over wrote all of my site content... ok, no big deal I'll revert all unpublished changes, right? Well it refreshed and site content is now completely gone. The error was never published, so the live site is "correct" and has all the content. However, I cannot get the editor to match the live site so I can start over, instead it is still showing blank content.

Is there a way to force the editor to match the published content? Or what should I do?

Thanks

Danny

Hi Collin,

Would it be possible for you to disable all active plugins, remove any scripts or CSS/LESS you may have added and then record the issue using Jing or QuickCast please. So we can see first hand your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

collin.drovdahl

Really not much to show, but in the jing video below it shows my DMS editor with blank content, then switch to the live site on safari showing all the content... http://screencast.com/t/ILtH18b2PaXS

I will revise my original post slightly to make it easier to follow... I added the iDivider and it erased EVERYTHING, I hit "undo all unpublished changes" and it did not revert... now my "unpublished changes" are stuck in the editor.

Thanks,

Danny

I am not sure what switching to Safari is supposed to achieve ? If you want to use the DMS editor you need to use Google Chrome, it is not supported in any browser.

In regards to adding iDivider and it removing all content, that is simply not possible without something else causing the issue such as you using Safari via the user agent option to use the DMS visual editor, if you're doing this then there is nothing we can do as you're mean't to use Chrome. We can not provide support if you encounter issues running a browser other than Chrome. It could also be caused by plugins, scripts or code you have installed or added or your server.

We are going to need a link to the site in question, along with DMS debug mode active. Also, if you can recreate the issue again, please try and disable all active plugins, code and see if you can recreate the issue again. 

Please search our forums, before posting!