Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mogulskier9

Front-End Editor Admin Ajax calls broken

mogulskier9

I don't know why, but I can't make any changes via the front end editor. My only guess is that it doesn't like the code I've added to the custom js (everything worked fine, then after a few simple js changes it suddenly stopped working). I deleted the js on the backend but it still shows up in the website code. What the heck is going on here? The concept for DMS is cool, but the implementation mostly sucks. It's the buggiest theme I've ever used, because there is NO backup if the frontend goes down. You're entirely reliant on something that runs off javascript where there are all kind of possibilities for things to go wrong. Pretty darn frustrating to be honest. If someone could please tell me how to actually clear the js from my site that would be much appreciated: http://krassandco.com/

Thanks

Simon

Are you running the latest version?

jmad

@mogulskier 

Do you have a good quick backup system in place?  DMS isn't perfect but I've experienced similar issues working with other true themes.  DMS is more of a framework in my mind that lets you fairly quickly build highly customized sites especially if you integrate some other quality plugins like Ubermenu.  I've been using and insisting my clients use good WP hostingwith easy backup like - WPE or Flywheel.  I've not had a couple clients question the value of that hosting but after we were up and rolling they have been very happy.  

A couple times I've had front-end editor issues and it's certainly not fun.  What have you tried?  Can you access the WP admin area?

Danny

mogulskier9 - You need to be running the latest version, we are unable to provide support to users not running the latest version. Please update and see if this resolves your issue.

Also, depending on how advanced your script is you should really enqueue your script via the WordPress function via a child theme. Things like Google Analytics are fine, but advanced scripts should be enqueued.

Please search our forums, before posting!