Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erinfults

Configuring Socialinks

erinfults

When I pull the Socialinks section onto my page it is adding the site copyright line along with the icons. If I add text to the Socialinks Text field it will replace the copyright line with whatever text I enter. However if that text field is blank, which is what I want, it auto fills it with the copyright line. I can't figure out where it is pulling that info from and how to change it. 

This is a temp site location while I design

http://erinfultsgalleries.erinfults.com/

Danny

Hi,

That is default info, if you enter the following to the input field it will resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

erinfults

Thanks Danny. Just when I begin to think I'm starting to understand coding a bit more I miss super obvious things like this!

Danny

No, actually it isn't that obvious. The settings really shouldn't have default values, which is something that many users have mentioned. I have already reported this to our tracker as a bug.

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• abeedle
      By abeedle+
      In the description of Socialinks for Platform 5 on the Pagelines website, it says that there is an option to Disable Menu - https://www.pagelines.com/product/pl-section-socialinks/. I would like to be able to just have the social links in this section and avoid using a menu at all; however, I can't find the option to disable the menu. I assumed it would be in the Configuration section in the Editor but it just has a dropdown to chose a menu and even if one isn't selected it, inserts the main menu. I have also looked in the Pagelines settings and found nothing. I must just be overlooking it somehow and was hoping somebody can point me in the right direction!
      Thanks!
    • amb62137
      By amb62137
      Hi there,
      How can I still use the socialinks section but change the social icons to a custom icon/button?
    • raldendesouza
      By raldendesouza
      Hi!

I want to maintain the "Built With" Icons. But the PageLines icon have a link that open in same window. How can I configure this link to open in new window?

Thanks!
    • BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey Guys,

I'm working on http://websitealright.com and I am trying to figure out how to hide the 3 default logos on Socialinks in my footer. I'd like to remove the CSS3 HTML5 Valid and the Pagelines Icon from the footer. Please help!
    • gregbroxton
      By gregbroxton+
      Is it possible to add tumblr to the "Socialinks" section in DMS 2?