This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@media screen and (max-width) not working on large screens

Here's an odd issue I just came across:

I have a textbox that I want to display on certain tablet sizes only and have applied the css. This works just fine as it's hidden on mobile phones and starts displaying on tablets. It's also hiding on larger screens as it should, BUT ONLY AS LONG AS I'M LOGGED IN. But suddenly after logging out, when I'm on screen sizes from 966px (Google Nexus) and up it's not hidden anymore!

Here's the CSS I've used to hide the textbox on screens from 845px:

@media screen and (min-width: 854px) and (max-width: 1921px) {
  .page-id-7 .hide-pc { display: none !important; } 
hide-pc is the custom css I added to the textbox and I've even included the page ID and important as suggested by @Danny
Any ideas??? 

Never mind!!! Did some CSS cleaning and the problem went away. Not sure what caused it but main thing is it's not an issue anymore!!  :jig:

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• dgsarnow
      By dgsarnow+
      Is there a way to set to the max width for a MediaBox image? I am using a Media Box in a 2 column layout alongside a text box. As my screen scales down, the image gets really big and I would like to keep it from scaling up.
      Any ideas?
      WordPress 4.1
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      I found this declaration in the css compile code:
         @media (max-width:768px){.pl-fixed-top{position:static} .fixed-top-pusher{display:none} }
      Shouldn't this be max-width:767px instead? Aren't usually max-width on the odd width size before the next limit (479px, 767px, 1023px, 1299px...), and min-width on the even width size limit itself (480px, 768px, 1024px, 1300px)?