Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sersanet

Duplicate ID contentbox

sersanet

Hello I am trying to solve an issue with a duplicate ID for contentbox.

in the drag and drop section i created a clone of the content box.

this issue appeared in W3C when checking the website.

here is the website: http://www.wp-marbella.com/

i am using Pagelines Framework 2.4.5

plugins.

contact form 7

really simple captcha

wordpress seo

Simple Lightbox

Special Recent Posts FREE Edition

Kind regards

Danny

Hi,

I do not understand what the issue is ?

When you clone a section the section will have a class like so section-contentbox, but if it is a cloned section it will also include a clone_2 or clone_3 class, which you need to use if you want to style that particular section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Yeah I understood the error you were referring to. This is because in HTML5 ids need to be unique, at the moment you have:

<section id="contentbox" ...">

This is the same for all contentboxes you clone. I will report this to our developers and see if they will push an update. However, this is PageLines Framework, which is a legacy theme.

sersanet

Hello Danny,

I know its not a massive problem, but when you have picky clients that ask if all the work is made to standards that work, then i just wanted to make sure it works fine..

Regarding Paglines Framework, a Legacy theme?  what does that mean?

Not so sure? its was pagelines main framework until they came out with the pay per month DMS.

Kind Regards

Danny

What I mean is that since the release of PageLines DMS, PageLines Framework has been considered a legacy theme. This means that it is unlikely that PageLines Framework will receive any updates unless it is important, it also means that it is now feature frozen. As our developers focus is solely on DMS.

sersanet

Ok i understand that you have done that, made a new system that requires monthly payment.

But when pagelines framework was purchased it said LIFETIME.  It was in big bold letters.

Danny Thanks very much for your time,,  i really appreciate your response..

Kind regards.

Danny

DMS does not require a monthly payment, that monthly payment is for our club membership. DMS can be purchased for a one off payment - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/club/dms/

In regards to the Lifetime, this was part of our FAQ when PageLines Framework was our main product.

"Lifetime" is a term added by the membership system. "Lifetime" means that the product you purchased will never expire. If it didn't say "Lifetime", then it would have an expiration date and I don't assume you would find that as a suitable alternative.

You will receive lifetime updates for your 1.X product which will include any important security updates but no new features will be added to them as our focus is on the current release.

PageLines Framework is now open source and available in a public repo on GitHub.