Sign in to follow this  
kristievento

Platform Pro: Feature Box resizing

kristievento

I read through the forum, but I just downloaded the theme yesterday (amazing, well done, guys) and I too am new to CSS, so I understand the coding and callout to change the height, but I am not sure where to go to do that. In my case, I want to change the width, not height so that I can use smaller images there. I see in the settings panel the Custom CSS tab, but that doesn't seem to be the right place. Is there another place? Thanks very much

Kate

Hi Kristie - Custom CSS is what you want, and where you'll need to make the addition/change. Are you trying to resize the "content" section of your feature box? If so, you can add this to the custom CSS (setting a random height as an example):

#feature_slider .fcontent .dcol-pad{height:200px;}
If you notice any issues with that, you may have to add the following, more encompassing declaration as well. Notice that you'll need to add 60px in addition to the height of the main "content" area of the slider:
#feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad{height:260px;}

However, if you do add that second declaration, make sure it come before the first one I listed. Again, this is just based off of the random feature height I set above. You'll need to put in the height you need. The first one alone should do the trick, though. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if that works for you.

michaelmiles

Just curious, have you set the settings in the 'Box Settings' area to reduce the size of the images and the number of columns? I found for me that reducing the image size in settings took care of the sizing for the rest of my layout. And on the page you add boxes, you can determine where the image is located, whether on top of the text or to the left. This also alters the width. At least know of this when you start tweaking CSS....

kristievento

Thanks, Kate! Very helpful post. In the box right now is body{} Would I simply add any custom code in list form, one on top of the other? Not sure how that part works. Also, wanting to sort of compartmentalize the site a bit more...not so much floating text but more blocks and lines to differentiate between sections of the site. What is your recommendation on that? Finally, the carousel is chopped off at the bottom, no matter where I place it in the options order. I tried to reduce the size of my logo, thinking that it was due to too much space. Any ideas on why thatmight be happening? here is my development site if this will help, so that you can see what I am referring to...www.freshmeetmedia.com Thanks a lot!!!

kristievento

Kate! Thanks so much! That worked perfectly. I figured out how to change the height, but when I changed the width, the bar at the bottom was still full length. I am sure that requires additional coding but, to be honest, I dig it the way it is, so I THANK YOU for your help! Now, if I could only figure out how to add some borders throughout the site so all the sections didn't FLOAT, I'd be golden. Thanks!

Kate

@Kristie No problem, glad it worked for you! ;) When I get a chance, I'll take a look at the site to get a better idea of what you want to accomplish with the borders. Talk soon, Kate