Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

Translation problem with "Response"

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

Website URL: voorbeeld01.gedenkwebsite.nl
Framework Version: 2.1.7
WordPress Version: 4.0
Plugins in Use: Askimet, custom sidebars, DMS Professional Tools,iThemes Security,NextGEN Plus by Photocrati,NS Cloner - Site Copier,PageLines Updater,User Role Editor,WordPress SEO,WP-Members
Server/Host:realhosting
Screenshots:
Details:

There are a view things which seems not to be translated in Dutch: http://voorbeeld01.gedenkwebsite.nl/2014/07/01/de-jeugd-van-henk/

One Response or x Response to are still in Englisch where other phrase are translated right.

In the po file I found this but apperently it doesn't work

# @ pagelines
#: comments.php:44
#, php-format
msgid "One Response to %2$s"
msgid_plural "%1$s Responses to %2$s"
msgstr[0] "Een reactie op %2$s"
msgstr[1] "%1$s reacties op %2$s"

Any suggestions?

Regards Dirk

Danny

Hi,

Its likely that those phrases haven't been translated, you can translate them yourself using PoEdit. See our documentation for instructions on how to do this - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/translating-dms

Please search our forums, before posting!

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

Hi Danny,

Just for me to understand, Doesn't the part below found in the po-file mean that those phrases are translated?

# @ pagelines
#, php-format

Danny

Can you tell me how you have performed your translations please, by that I mean the steps you took to. What .po file are you using etc..

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

Hi,

Actualy I didn't do anything special. I just use the dutch wordpress install. In the config.php the line define('WPLANG', 'nl_NL'); is set up. I didn't do anything with the translation. It seems except the phrases I mentioned everything appears in Dutch. I found two po files. One in wp-content-languages-nl_NL.po and the other in wp-content-themes-dms-language-nl_NL.po. In the last one I found the code I mentioned earlier.

Danny

OK, if you see here - https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/pagelines-dms/

The Dutch translation is only 75% complete. Therefore, you will need to use a child theme and translate the phrases that are causing you problems. You can do this with PoEdit.

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

Thanks I will look at that. But kan you expain why, while this looks like translated is ot working?

# @ pagelines
#, php-format

Danny

When I load the nl_NL.po in poedit those are not translated as far as I can tell. What are you using to view the .po file ?

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

I view the wp-content-themes-dms-language-nl_NL.po file in Dreamweaver.

Danny

Let me speak to our developers, as far as I can tell in PoEdit those phrases haven't been translated.

• Similar Content

• DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
      ¿Where can  I translate the english items "Orders", "Adress", "Payment Methods". "Edit Account" and "Sing Out"of the my account page of the plugin Quickshop? In the po file they are not.
      I think that it have relation with this error: "Your theme version of my-account.php template', '2.6', 'the latest version, which supports multiple account pages and navigation, from WC 2.6.0".

I use the Frame Work Pagelines´s Child theme for platform 5.

• fabienfons
      By fabienfons+
      Hi,

I'd like to translate my website in french. (platform 5)
      How can i do ?
      Thanks
      Fabien
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      Are there any instructions for this? Seems like the plugin use standard .mo/.po for translation, but how do I prevent my language file from being overwritten with updates?
      Support for different number and currency formats in sections is also missing. For me this is an issue with Boxes. I can't use the counter with the current format (thousands separator), it looks really odd in Norwegian (and a lot of other languages). 

• clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.