Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rijans

Some questions about DMS 2.1.7

rijans

My developer recently upgraded my site to the latest DMS 2. As he's not taking care of everything, I found something not working/missing.

1. Is "classy" plugin anymore working?

2. In content loop settings, in DMS 1.x I had option to "show thumb left in excerpt" when in list/bog mode. Now here in DMS2, there's nothing like this!

3. When I was in DMS 1.x I added a lot of custom CSS in custom code section. After upgrade, I know some are not working. The problem is it's hard to find which codes are not working. because I need to remove unnecessary css.

How can I get these working?

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

.......Feeling Rockstar with DMS! .......

....I believe there's nothing like DMS....

Danny

Hi,

Please follow the forum policy and refrain from asking multiple question per topic, we have a policy of one question per topic for search indexing reasons.

1. Classy is a third party extension by a developer who longer supports the extensions developed for PageLines products. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the classy plugin will function or function correctly.

2. In DMS 2.x, we updated the WP-Content/PostLoop section with new features including support for Post Formats. If you want to have more control over how your post loop displays, you will need to enabled legacy mode, which includes all the options from DMS 1.x.

3. There weren't many changes as far as I am aware to the class names or structure in DMS 2.x. Therefore, if your CSS isn't working, it is likely either a class name change or you have invalid CSS. We do not provide support for reviewing user created code, this is something you will need to review yourself. A good tip is to copy and paste all your custom CSS/LESS CSS into a code editor such as Atom editor or SubLime Text and then install a lint package. Lint packages review your code on the fly for any errors or mistakes.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rijans

Thanks danny for your reply!

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

.......Feeling Rockstar with DMS! .......

....I believe there's nothing like DMS....

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!