Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dario

Navi and NavBar Differences

dario
It seems to me that one could create a Fixed area using a Media box and a Navbar which replicates a fixed Navi area. This would allow for a larger logo (via the media box) than Navi provides.

Does one lose anything by doing this over just using Navi and adding some CSS to enlarge the logo?
Mobile issues perhaps?

Danny

The Navi section and NavBar section are two completely different sections. NavBar is based off of Bootstrap navigation styling and functionality. Where as Navi is designed entirely by PageLines. The main different between the two is how drop down menus or child menu items are viewed and opened. In NavBar you have to click the parent menu item to activate the drop down which means, that the parent menu item is no longer a link, but acts as an anchor instead.

If you wish to use the MediaBox along with the Navbar you're free to do so the choice is entirely up you. You will not loose anything in using this method, the only thing you will need to do is, use HTML to display your logo instead of using the MediaBox image uploader as you want likely want it to be a link.

You can use the Navi section and increase the logo image size via CSS. However, you will also then likely need to use custom CSS to lower the menu items as they will remain in the same position and therefore, not be aligned with the logo anymore.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dario

Thanks Danny.

Good tip too on using html for the logo/link. I was wondering about that just now!

dario

Textbox best for this, no?

Danny

You can use HTML in the TextBox section. However, I recommend using the MediaBox, as it is mean't to be used with HTML, where as the TextBox should only used for text and basic HTML.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?