Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jsharpe2001

Unable to Save DMS After Migration from Dev Site

jsharpe2001

I had a site built on the pre-DMS pagelines framework at sustainablesummer.org. I built a new version of the site with DMS in a staging area, both hosted by WPengine. I migrated the new site from the staging area to the live site. Everything copied over fine, for the most part (some issues with font awesome, which resolved when I set up the Base Theme as a child theme). However, now I'm unable to save anything with the front-end DMS editor. 

It's not a plugin conflict (I've deactivated them all, and deleted the old pagelines plugins but the issue persists)

There are no javascript or PHP errors

I've tried redoing the migration. 

I've tried importing the JSON file from the staging site.

I've combed through the forums for the last hour trying to figure this out, and I'm at a wall. 

I've enabled DMS debug and would appreciate assistance resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

After viewing your sites page source, it looks as though the migration has been completed correctly, as you have most of files being loaded from the following:

http://gxzxp31zia3pscag1r5u0j9xr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/

View your page source and you can see, nearly all files are being loaded from here, even your plugins. Therefore, you will probably need to speak to whoever did your migration, as they haven't followed the WordPress migration instructions correctly or speak to your host and see if they can resolve the issue. Otherwise, you're going to need to edit all URLS in your database.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jsharpe2001

That definitely seems to be the root issue. Thanks Danny!

jsharpe2001

Hi Danny,

So the URL in question is from my CDN, and my host verified that it is the correct way for the site to load those scripts. I created a new CNAME record so that all those URLS are now pulling from a subdomain of the site URL (cdn.sustainablesummer.org), but I'm still unable to save front-end edits.

Is there a specific script that would be problematic for DMS if it's not loading from the root domain, but rather from a subdomain or CDN?

Danny

So what actually happens when you attempt to save something ? Would it be possible for you to record the issue using either QuickCast or Jing so we can see first hand the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jsharpe2001

Here's the link to a video: http://screencast.com/t/uBgJPm7kC1DB

Depending on the section that is added, it will either say "section added: refresh to view" but then the section won't be there on refresh, or it will attempt to add the section indefinitely. And when trying to save content in already added sections, those changes won't save.

Simon

Do you have admin ssl enabled?

jsharpe2001

Not in my wp-config file, although my host forces SSL on wp-admin. But when I'm using the front-end DMS editor, that's not SSL encrypted. However, I do think SSL may have something to do with this issue based on the following troubleshooting:

I setup a totally vanilla wordpress install on the same host (wpengine), activated the DMS theme, imported the JSON file from the site with the saving issue, and everything worked fine (ie; I was able to save changes made using the front-end DMS editor). I then setup the Skeleton child theme, and added in the functions.php from the site, and then I was no longer able to save. On this vanilla install, I was able to get saving functionality back by removing this line of code:

// force ssl on compiled css

add_action( 'pl_force_ssl', '__return_true' );

However, on the live site neither deleting this line of code nor reverting back to DMS theme (with no child and no custom functions is able resolve the saving issue. I have SSL setup on the live site, but not on the test site I created to trouble shoot. I also tried adding the code from this forum topic but that did not resolve.

So, what next?

Thanks!

Simon

update to latest, as of 5 minutes ago (2.1.8) should fix the issue.

jsharpe2001

That did it! Thanks!!!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?