Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dario

Multiple Sites or Just 1?

dario
I've a client who is starting an online school. After much discussion and thought, I'm headed towards the following but wonder if I'm making the correct choice.

Under a multisite install there's the main site. This site contains all of the front end info for potential customers, demo course content, as well as a blog. It also has a 'join' button.

Click on 'join' and you're taken to a sales page on the course subsite. Once a membership is purchased, this is the site where the user will access all course content. Also on this site is a link to a forum.

The forum is on another subsite.

One of the main reasons that I'm thinking this way is that I want a clear delineation between advertising/sales and paid content. Also, it greatly simplifies the menu structure.

Bad choice?

batman

Hi dario

Please, take a look to this

http://pagelinesacademy.com

Perhaps is a good example...

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Keith Vaugh

Why not add moodle or some other VLE along with DMS.

The DMS site would be core, but the VLE would handle all the courses or modules being offered.

dario

Thanks Keith. I ruled out Moodle because I, well, hate it. At present I admin a Moodle site for a large school and do not enjoy it. Still, given that you brought it up, I'll rethink a little.
We are/were planning on going with WooCommerce Sensei, along with a Vimeo Pro account.

Batman, I like what you've done, a lot! Might we interface a bit via PM?

An interesting side note is that my client really likes the Semplice theme. I find the admin user interface intriguing (in fact I really like it). But for the money, the front end doesn't seem like anything which cannot be done using DMS2. I have to say though, the way they've implemented the scroll to top button is incredibly smooth.