Sign in to follow this  
sokoto

Best way to transfer site over

sokoto

Ok I just bought a new domain and a new hosting account, I have the same host for my other site that I maintain. I want to know the best way of transfering my exact test site over to my other hosting site. I am using Hostgator for both accounts. Here is my test site www.margehernandez.com/rave/home/ I have the site,buddypress,certain plug ins, buddypress forums etc Anyways I was wondering if someone would be awesome enough to maybe give me a list of important steps. I have ftp so Idk if I can simply drag things over, the only problem is i want it to be in the root folder so when you go to my domain www.centralvalleyrave.com it goes straight to the test site. I used quickinstall to install my wordpress site on the other hostgator account for the test site.

cmunns

I actually recommend contacting HostGator support. They ahve great support and may be able to do this for you without a problem. If they can't we'll point you in the right direction.

sokoto

Ok I spoke with them but can I recover my site by installing stationpro, installing the plugins, install your guys sample xml and then installing my xml file? I can redo the forums.

sokoto

What exactly are custom edits like fix the css or anything I havent touched that yet?

cmunns

Then don't worry about it :) if you haven't touched any template files.