Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawDesigns

Cool Carousel does not always loading the first Carousel slide

JawDesigns

Hi,

I am using the Cool Carousel plugin and the recommended re-order plugin. However, I have realised that sometimes when the page loads it displays another cool carousel slide which is not supposed to display first. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? It would be good to fix this because it's always important for me to load the first slide. My site is: http://www.jawdesigns.co.uk/

Kind regards,

James 

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

TourKick (Clifford P)

Hi James. I checked that link. I like what you did with the arrows. :)

I loaded that page multiple times on multiple browsers and http://www.jawdesigns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/chocolate-yorkie-coffee-wood.jpgwas the first image for all of them.

If that's what you're wanting, great. If not, please provide more information (possibly a screenshot) about your section settings for post selection.

JawDesigns

Hi Clifford,

Apologies for my very slow reply. My father was rushed into hospital but is thankfully better now so I haven't been at home much. Regarding the issue, I am using all of the default settings apart from the following:

1) I changed the 'Cool Carousel Set To Show' specific slides (all same resolution and 2000px width)

2) I also changed the setting 'Paper' to Off

Every other setting is the same. As soon as I navigated to the following page 'http://www.jawdesigns.co.uk/portfolio/'it was displaying the last slide again (not the first one). When I click the arrow to navigate to another slide the order seems to get really messed up for maybe a second and then everything seems ok. It's odd that this does not happen every time. It's also odd that your not seeing this from your end. I am happy to provide you with some login details if that makes anything a little easier?

Thanks again for your help and support!

All the best,

James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

TourKick (Clifford P)

Sorry to hear about your family situation. I'm glad he's well now.

I checked that portfolio link again and now the first image is billy1.jpg -- is that what you want? When you say "first" and "last", I'm not sure which one's which. You need to provide a link to the actual image or describe it to me so I know which one(s) you're referring to.

I think you mean "pager" (the dots), not "paper". That shouldn't have anything to do with querying and displaying the items.

If you have cleared all your cache, cookies, etc. (try Chrome Incognito) and think there's still an issue, please PM me wp-admin credentials to take a look under the hood.

JawDesigns
Thanks for the reply Clifford,

That's the problem I am experiencing. Billy1.jpg should be the last slide not the first.

I will try Chrome Incognito as well as I have already tried clearing all cache and cookies etc. I am not at my computer now but will certainly check later today.

All the best, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

TourKick (Clifford P)

Well if I'm seeing billy1.jpg as the first (logged out, no cache for this site, etc.), then it's confirmed. You don't have to clear your cache, cookies, etc. as stated before.

Which image should be first?

PM me a wp-admin login and I'll look into it.

JawDesigns

Thanks very much for the support on this Clifford. The first image should be of the cans.jpg (social media icons).

I will message you some login details now.

Kind regards,

James 

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

TourKick (Clifford P)

I logged in and clicked around to view everything, but I didn't change any settings.

I noticed when I was logged in, cans.jpg was the first image, as you wanted, but when I was logged out (Chrome incognito window), billy1.jpg was first.

So in the DMS Editor, I just clicked the blueish "Flush Caches" button and now it shows up properly when logged out.

http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/global-options(bottom of the page)

Just make sure to do this each time you make a change in your DMS Editor settings for sections that pull from DMS Global options or from wp-admin (like Cool Carousel).

I also PM'd you some other things I noticed.

JawDesigns

Thanks Clifford,

That's really interesting. I have never used that button before and don't really know what it does either? I will certainly take a look through the pagelines docs to understand when I should use that button and how often?

Thanks again for your support and help!

Cheers, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

TourKick (Clifford P)

It doesn't hurt anything so I'd suggest getting into a habit of just clicking it every time you make a change. Make it the last thing you do before you log out and go home for the night after making changes in DMS Editor. ;-)

JawDesigns

Great thanks Clifford. That's pretty much all I need to know and cheers for all the help once again :-)

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

• Similar Content

• bartok
      By bartok+
      Masonic gallery sorting feature does not work in portrait mode on iPhone. After selecting an individual category and then scrolling down the page, every box reappears. Test it out for yourself: http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/portfolio-fullwidth-masonry/. What is the fix for this?
    • primetime
      By primetime+
      Hi,

How do I remove the padding? There seems to be a bit of blank space on top and bottom of the image as well as a bit to the right of it. I'm not sure if it has to do with image size. I tried to crop all my images the same size.

http://travelblogfest.com/

Thanks,

• Aldo
      By Aldo
      Cool Carousel a plugin for DMS2 that provide alot of features, but issue when viewing the page on a mobile device a link that is associated to one photo will not work.
      I have 4 photos in rotation in the carousel that flip by and the link associated with first photo works fine on a desktop computer buy doe not work on any mobile device.

How can i make this link work on all divices?

Thanks in advance.

Aldo

• jDub
      By jDub
      Hi there,

I'm trying to make the images in the Cool Carousel skew and resize depending on the browser size.  Currently I'm using css height: 100vh, which is giving me the effect I want, however it's taking in account the size of the fixed menu bar and the content I have above it, so instead of resizing the image to the size of the browser, it's cut off and falls below the fold.  You can check this out at http://makaicollection.com/overview/

Any help on how to modify this would be greatly appreciated.  Again, I'd like the full image to be seen above the fold, but resize in height and width depending on the size of the browser window.

Thanks in advance.

Jaime