Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shuttleworth

You cannot connect to download - You need to install and activate PageLines Sections Plugin

shuttleworth

Trying to "Install now" You need to install and activate PageLines Sections Plugin

I am consistently getting "cannot connect to download" error

I have tried this on two sites / two servers.

I am not able to locate the .zip to load this via ftp manually

WP 4.0 fresh install

Danny

Hi,

What are you trying to install ? As you have posted in the DMS forums, yet DMS has no PageLines section plugin ? That is related to PageLines Framework and I have never once seen that error message?

Can you confirm what you're trying to install and provide screenshots of these error messages please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

shuttleworth

Please confirm you are getting my posts on this error.

Danny

I am not sure what you mean by that statement in your post above.

However, you have answered my questions, can you please answer the question I asked in my reply above.

shuttleworth

Danny Hi,

I’m trying to post the screenshot of the error as below …

(Same screenshot I eMailed you as paste is not working)

When I click “Install Now” (to access sections – as they are all blank), I get the overlaid error.

Kind regards

Kelvin

shuttleworth

To also explain "are you getting my posts" = the replies I have entered, initially took the screenshots happily, and when I finished I pressed "Post", completed without error. Yet I'm not seeing the post appear in the forum. I assumed it was in the moderation queue ... hopefully you have received the PM email with the screeshot attached.

Danny

Use an image hosting service for your screenshots, such as imgur.

Also, please do not send me a PM without me requesting as I have filters applied to prevent spam.

shuttleworth

Danny Hi,

Lets try ...

http://i.imgur.com/wjt8GGm.png?1

Kind regards

Kelvin

Danny

OK, you're using an extremely out of date version of PageLines Frameworks and not DMS, which is the forum you have posted in. Therefore, I have moved your topic to the correct forum.

PageLines Framework is now open source and available on GitHub. It has been considered a legacy theme since the launch of PageLines DMS in 2013. You can download the latest version of PageLines Framework here - https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework

To install PageLines Framework when you already have PageLines Lite installed, please follow the instructions below:

1. Download PageLines Framework from GitHub using the link above.

2. Once download, extract the zip and rename the folder to pagelines

3. Now connect to your website via an FTP client and navigate to wp-content/themes/

4. Here you should already have a folder called pagelines rename it to old_pagelines

5. After the folder has been renamed, upload the pagelines folder you downloaded from GitHub to wp-content/themes/

6. Once it has been uploaded you should have at least two folders one called pagelines and the other called old_pagelines

7. Now login to your WordPress admin dashboard and goto Appearance > Themes

8. Active PageLines Framework, you can distinguish between the two by the version number when you click theme details, the latest version is 2.4.5

9. Once active, you can remove the PageLines Lite version.

**NOTE** You should preform a back up before doing any of the above, just as a precaution.