Sign in to follow this  
internet_bar

Text showing up on footer that's not supposed to.

internet_bar

I'm setting up a site and some text is showing up in the footer that's not supposed to. The site right now is at http://thewatsonbrothers.com/peacetones. Once it's completed it'll be moved to its own domain. Here are the two problems: a) Stuff in the footer--everything from and including the lower Twitter feed. There's a Twitter feed in the sidebar already. I'd like to figure out how to disable the Twitter in the bottom, and the stuff that shows up below it. I haven't been able to figure out why it's showing up at all. B) Where do I customize the search bar, blogroll and archive info that shows up right above the footer? I apologize if these are stupid questions. I've searched through the forum and was not able to find my answer. But I am not particularly skilled, so please don't mind the questions! I'm totally loving Platform Pro thus far btw. Thanks in advance!!

bryan-hadaway

a) `#twitterbar, #footer{display:none}` Drop in Custom Code > Custom CSS B) - Search Form, you'll have to describe to me what you would like to do and I can help style it for you. - Blogroll, is editable from the Links tab in your WordPress admin menu. - Archives, this automatically shows links to posts by month and year. What would you like to do here? Thanks, Bryan

internet_bar

Thanks so much Brian! I'll look into the links and everything else. I think that my problems have been solved for now. Have a fantastic weekend!

internet_bar

Just one question (sorry to bother you again but I remembered this is what I wanted to ask): how do I remove the search, archive and blogroll feature from the bottom? I want to keep them on the sidebar. Thanks again.

catrina

To hide that sidebar, go to Settings > Sidebar Options and check the box next to "Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets)" To add the search, archive, and blogroll in the sidebar, go to Widgets and drag the Search, Archive, and Blogroll widgets to the Primary Sidebar.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

internet_bar

Thanks Catrina! You guys are truly the best. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!

internet_bar

Hi, Sorry to bring up this question again, but I'm trying to set up another blog at http://thewatsonbrothers.com/internetbar and the same problem is happening with the footer. I pasted the CSS code in the custom CSS form (which took care of the problem originally) but the twitter bar and blog posts in the footer are still here.

internet_bar

oh hey nevermind, it just corrected itself. weird, i tried it out in different browsers before i posted it but now it works!!!! thanks again and sorry to bother you guys!!!