Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adramelech

Whitehouse Pro 6 - Nav Bar Help

adramelech

I am very new to DMS2. I decided to use the Whitehouse Pro 6 theme. I know I have made an initial mistake and hope I can just fix this instead of having to delete it and start over.

I created a top NAV bar with a drop down menu system. The problem is when I created it I selected everything to be the Sample Page. The NAV bar looks great but when you select each button it goes to page_id=2.  How can I create a new page for each and redirect it? I looked at the menu system and it won't let me change the page.

Also, why does the NAV Bar that I create show up on a computer internet browser on my laptop and desktop, but not on my iPhone? I need my drop down menu system on my iPhone or it's pointless to use this theme.

I'm reading the manual but there are a ton of items I don't even understand what they mean. 

When I created the Menu structure I named the Menu Name - Top. Then I gave names to the Navigation Label like Home, What's News, Upcoming Events but I didn't give a name or number to Title Attribute due to I have no idea what a Title Attribute is. Do I need to give Title Attribute a name? What does it do?

Thanks for the help and time.

Danny

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you have created a WordPress menu and used the same page (Sample page) for testing purposes and by doing that all menu items link to the same page, due to you using the same page for all your menu items. If you want to change this, you simply change your menu items in the WordPress Menu panel in the admin dashboard. If you're unsure how to do this or create a Menu correctly, you will need to view the WordPress documentation.

In regards to your menu items not appearing on mobile devices, this is how 99.9% of the web design their navigation when viewed on mobile devices. As the screen real estate isn't large enough to house all those items, they use a hamburger icon three horizontal lines underneath each other and when clicked/pressed will display your menu items in a sliding panel. You can change this by disabling the responsiveness of WHP, but I wouldn't recommend it as it will require additional custom code.

The title attribute is for SEO purposes, if you hover over you menu item, it will display a the name you place in the title field. If you're concerned about your sites SEO, then I would recommend adding a title to each of your menu items, usually the name you have used as the label.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?