Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dario

Style Sheet ignored after CDN propagation

dario

I've recently turned on CloudFlare for two of our PageLines Framework sites.

Both sites have identical htacess files.

One site works as it did before the CDN.

The other one no longer displays styling with the PageLines Framework Base theme.

Using the 2014 theme, the Framework styling takes hold, but not the usual 2014 styling.

WP 4.0

Latest PageLines Framework.

I've disabled all plugins, cleared cache's, reset permalinks, etc.

Any other ideas?

Danny

Hi,

Not sure what you mean when you say using the 2014 theme the Framework styling takes hold. Are you saying that when you enable the TwentyFourteen theme, that PageLines Framework CSS is being loaded ?

Your issue is related to CloudFlare and therefore, if one site is working without issue and the other isn't, then there is definitely something different in their setups, this could be a plugin or how you have setup CloudFlare. I think the best course of action would be to contact their support seeing as it related to their plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dario

Well, here's what I found.

I had/have a redirect rule in my htaccess file which automatically redirects the user to a static page while we reconfigure the WP site.

# temp rewrite to old site
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ /klr/ [R=302,L]

This worked fine before I turned on the CloudFlare CDN.

The basic idea is to direct the user to a subfolder where the index.html file resides. Meanwhile, I can still have access to the WP installation, backend, and via viewing a post, the front end.

Is there a better way?

Danny

You could just remove the htaccess rule and place the index.html file in the WordPress root (where you have all your files) .html takes priority (on most server setups) over .php files due to .html being made the basic web format.

Another alternative would be and my personal preference to work locally using an application MAMP, AMPPS, XAMPPS and/or if you're a more advanced user Vagrant. Then develop the site locally.

Lastly, you could just install a coming soon plugin and only you as the administrator can view the site, everyone else will see the coming soon banner/text.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dario
Thanks Danny.
Local won't work in this situation. My client is not nearby.
Coming soon won't either as they have an old, working site which needs to stay live.
The original situation was working quite well, until the CDN.

I'll give the index version a whirl.