Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jinfinite8

Recovering DMS sections that disappear

jinfinite8

Hi,

I updated an existing home page hero section on a PL DMS 1.1.8 site running WP 4.0 and after publishing my change to the Hero section all of my other home page sections disappeared (there were four other sections). The sections on this home page have been in place for months.

A full site restore is impractical with this site but I would like to restore the lost sections.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could at least recover the content from these sections or restore them? 

Lastly, I'm used to dealing with issues on my PL 1.0 and 2.0 sites where pages crap out, fail to update, etc. but I've only seen existing sections disappear a few times. Is there something I can do on my end when updating sections to avoid this kind of failure?

Thank you.

Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, if you have sections being removed/stripped there is no other way to restore them without using a backup which your host should have. So you will need to contact them and ask for a restore prior to this issue.

In regards to your sections being removed, the likely cause of this is either plugins you have installed usually a cache plugin and/or your server is configured incorrectly, this usually occurs on shared hosting i.e. cheap web hosting plans/packages.

Would it be possible for you to link all the sites that are having these issues and also make sure DMS debug mode is active on all of them so we can take a closer look. DMS Debug mode can be enabled via DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jinfinite8

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your help.

The website is http://cnuflorida.org/

Debug has been turned on.

Hosting is on a good quality managed WP host (LightningBase) running Varnish for caching at the server level. These are well configured sites so I'm thinking it's more likely a Plugin conflict.

Question: There must be data for each of the DMS sections stored in the mysql database IF the content for the section has successfully been published or saved. Is there a db schema available for DMS that I can reference?

cheers

~ julian

Simon

The sections data is stored in pl_data_sections table.

jinfinite8

Thanks Simon, I'll dig it out of the database. Appreciate the help on the table name.

~ julian

• Similar Content

• mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello, inexplicably few signs have appeared at the beginning of each excerpts, removing the option these signs disappear, but appear when I activate it again. You know why happen this?.

Yo can see online here: http://www.latitudestudio.eu/press-news/ 

• dherries
      By dherries
      I am trying to add a widgetizer to my page/post and the system does not let it drag. The system creates  large Widgetizer logo and nothing will happen. What am I doing wrong?  I am using DSM 1.1.9.  Website is www.moveincache.com
    • mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello everyone. :)   Is possible set a selected Section Area to height of window browser with custom CSS, just like DMS2 presets? Someone knows some best practice?   I know how to set to fixed footer, but i think this case of study is different.   Thanks!
    • webmktco
      By webmktco
      Website URL: http://www.schrumpfdds.com/
      Framework Version: DMS 1.1.9
      WordPress Version: 4.1.1

I noticed that the Font Awesome version in my theme is 3.2.1.

Can you tell me how I can update the FA version? Or is that not possible?
    • pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      I have pages that display on phones and pages for desktops/laptops.  The ipad displays the mobile/phone pages but would look far better if they displayed the desktop version.  How/Can I display the desktop version on ipad?  If I cannot do that, can you advise me as to the best course of action?  Thank you.

http://peggygreen.net