Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Odd & inconsistent behavior

sheilahoff

I'm running the latest DMS and WP and all plug-ins. I've been having some issues with speed and caching and losing styling on my live server. I am not asking for help on that here. But for those reasons, I'm trying a clone of my site on FlyWheel with the hopes of moving the site there. You can't see the site there w/o logging in. That info is below. But the problem I'm posting about is a random issue that happens on the live site at http://myideallife.com AND on the Flywheel clone of the site as well.

Rather than try to explain it with words I've taken a video of it (with sound) explaining the behavior:

http://screencast.com/t/SyyORHjI

I'm hoping someone might be able to clue me in what to do about it. Because it's inconsistent it's very challenging to try to fix.

Here's the Flywheel version info if you want to look there. This only gives you the ability to SEE the site on Flywheel.

http://my-ideal-life.flywheelsites.com/

username: flywheel
password: awake-bubble

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

Hi Sheila,

You brought this up before and I have mentioned in your other topics regarding this issue, that this kind of issue is either caused by plugins you have installed, your server and/or most likely your customisation of the NavBar section.

If you debug your issue on the FlyWheel site and disable all active plugins, then we rule out straight away plugins and server. This only leaves your customization of the NavBar as the cause of the issue. We do not provide support to user who have made changes to the default styling of a section, as it is user created.

I have added the NavBar to the Fixed region of my site and attempted to recreate your issue, by clicking on multiple menu items loading new pages and the NavBar which is vanilla, has never once reproduced the issue.

Therefore, to diagnose your issue, you're going to need to remove all your customization to the NavBar and see if the issue persists.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Thanks Danny. Here's where I'm at now....

I turned off plug-ins, no change.
I removed mobile responsive styles, no change.

I discovered and removed a column that the navbar was embedded in, no change.

Then I removed logo that was being placed as a menu item.
It's my theory that is the culprit.

Then I added the logo to the navbar and added the following CSS so the logo would be approximate the size and placement of the original layout.

.section-navbar .navbar .plbrand img {max-height: 80px;}

.section-navbar .navbar .plbrand {
    line-height: 90px;
    padding-left: 20%;
}

Since disabling the plug-ins and removing the mobile CSS had no impact, I've added those elements back in.

So far this seems pretty good. I'll keep testing it. IF that fixes it... what do need to do to make that logo clickable to home? It's been added in the NavBar Logo area. It seems to me that it should be setup with that option given that having the logo click to the homepage is very standard! Please advise. Thanks.

sheilahoff

A colleague provided some CSS that makes the logo clickable. Apparently it was hiding behind something!

.section-navbar .navbar .plbrand {

z-index: 10;

position: relative;

}

Danny

The NavBar logo, like the Navi logo is a clickable link already that automatically upon click takes the user to the homepage. You should not need to use additional CSS to make this work, as it works out of the box. Therefore, you have other CSS causing the logo link to fail.

Your issue, I am almost 100% certain is caused by your CSS or how you have configured your sections in the Fixed region. I have tried several methods on my test sites and not once been able to recreate your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?