Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DONSA

Bug in Homepage

DONSA
Framework Version: 1.8.2
WordPress Version: 4.0
Plugins in Use:
  • Akismet
  • Contact Form 7
  • Hello Dolly
  • Jetpack by WordPress.com
  • MailChimp for WordPress Lite
  • The Events Calendar
  • Shortcodes Ultimate

Server/Host: Bluehost

Screenshots:

NQ1t4Ba.jpg

Details: I can't edit those two objects hi-lighted in the print screen. Every time I add some object to that specific area, the object is showed but I can't edite.

Danny

Hi,

There is no bug, the Social icons are from a section called ShareBar which you can configurare. The white arrow appearing on your site is from as far as I can tell coming from a TextBox you have added. Which has the following code:

<div class="arrow-down"></div>

With the following CSS:

.arrow-down {
position: relative;
top: 157px;
width: 0;
height: 0;
border-left: 40px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
border-right: 40px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
margin: auto;
border-top: 40px solid #FFF;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

DONSA

Yes, but when I click to deactivate the preview mode, both of them disappear and I can't found the box to edit them.

If I add any other element to that are specific area, the same thing happens to that element.

Danny

Would it be possible for you to record your issue using either Jing or QuickCast please so we can see your issue first hand.

DONSA

As you can see, when I have the preview mode activated, the two elements (share and white triangle) are visible:

Bb8r5cH.jpg

But wen I deactivate the preview mode, the two elements disappear and I can't edit them:

CxqZsgP.jpg

Danny

Can you send me a priviate message on the forums with the following info please:

* A link to this topic, so I know what issue you're referring to

* A link to your site in question along with your admin username/password.

When I have this information, I will login and take a closer look.

However, in my opinion, this is related to your custom CSS you have used, which I mentioned above. Before, sending me the PM, please disable all plugins and remove all custom CSS/LESS CSS you have added and see if this resolves your issue.

DONSA

I've tried that, without success...

I send to you the info.

Danny

OK, so I logged into your site and found that the Canvas area that had the ShareBar and TextBox inside had a z-index: -1 added to it via the inline styling classes field. This is was added by you and the cause of your issue. I have now removed this so you can edit the sections inside that Canvas area.

In future you need to be very careful using the inline styling classes field, really you should use the the Styling classes field or custom CSS.

Danny

No problem. Just a helpful tip, be very careful when using the inline styling field and only use it for simple style changes. Do not use it for z-index or other properties like that. You will want to use the style classes field instead.