Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

PlatformPro 1.1.4 - Fixes Additions

Andrew

Hey! Working on PlatformPro 1.1.4... If you guys have seen any bugs, or want some features cleaned up let us know. Should push this in a day or two. Andrew

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Sounds like a plan. 1: It would be nice to be able a make a new page template without having to go into the code, new page template button perhaps. 2: Multiple callouts - if possible :) that we can add to different pages. 3: Advanced instruction manual for the less experienced webmasters. This may also reduce support times and answer most peoples questions. 4: A big red button that says "build my perfect website for me" - Maybe not lol Anyway, if I think of any more I'll add thme here. And keep up the good work. ps. Thumbs up to the child themes, I'm working on one now and can't wait to show it off :)

salesdigitalheavenscouk

oh, maybe one more thing. Would it be possible to add a release date to the changelog of new versions? That way I don't have to try and remember what versions I'm running and just check the date. ;) Or if your realy good an auto update option in workpress it's self?

Gavin_

It would be so much easier if you could have an unlimited number of sidebars that you create and assign in the template area to appear left or right... Better instruction manual. This may also reduce support times and answer most peoples questions.

style

There are a couple of things that would be great - Able to have the featured box only on the home page. The current workaround lets you put it on the front page but it also shows the featured box on the post / category pages - which is something that not all want - Ability to resize the featured box. In an ideal state I'd like to have the featured box only on the home page and the width of the content page, not the full width of the site - Category / Posts pages - meaning that I can create a custom category page. I could select one category (i.e. News) and have that be in a magazine type but have another (i.e. Blog) be in a blog type category. Additionally this would allow us to put some category specific text at the top of the category page (i.e. for the Blog page I could set up a little intro on the blog at the top) - Customizable Author pages - I've seen on other sites that the authors page will pull in the bio on the author along with their avatar. I know this is a lot of stuff so if I had to prioritize it'd be the feature page changes and then the rest. Thanks!!!

salesdigitalheavenscouk

@style You can have the feature just on the home page. you can change it in the template section or hide it by default and only have it turned on for the home page.

style

Stewart, Will it work if my homepage is the posts page? I.E. Not a "featured" page that I explicitly setup?

cshoffmann

I would like to see a way to color the nav menu (superfish.css file) so that it can control the text and background color for hovering and active as well. Thanks!

landshark

Ability to configure Buddypress Specific Templates?

Sourena

Two issues: 1. Please fix the issue with Featured Images for custom type posts as described here. 2. I localized PlatformPro but noticed the comments section and the social network bar is not ready to be localized, as you see in this screenshot. Screenshot-local-1.png

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Andrew

Good feedback... some of the functionality like adding additional 'templates' is more complicated due to WordPress core functionality... so these things will have to wait. We will:

• add dates to the changelog.
  • look into adding the ability to change the size of the features and control on posts pages.
  • keep working on documentation
  • Add an example of how to easily add a new sidebar section in the child theme (just cut and paste into your own child theme)
  • look into localization issues.

Some thoughts.. the colors on the nav should still be changed with CSS. We thought about creating a slew of color options but its a slippery slope; CSS really is a simple and perfect system for changing simple things like colors, text size, and everything else. Where we want to help is where things get complicated, e.g. with layouts, and tying Javascript, PHP and HTML together. Does this make sense?

Sourena

@Andrew: I made a mistake in my comment earlier. The comment section gets the translations from BuddyPress not the theme. So the only section you need to add localization is the social networking bar.

alefba.us

Andrew

@Sourena, just looked this is an option under 'blog and posts' which appears to be working fine :)

Sourena

@Andrew: How nice! I did not know we have control over it in the Settings page. Still there are two issues with that feature that I think can be fixed: a. It does not work with RTL languages because the text is set to float left. Is it possible to place a checkbox there for reversing the placement of the text and icons? (Icons floating to the left and the text floating to the right.) b. Facebook and twitter are pretty universal but there are many social networks that are local to certain regions and countries. Is it possible to place an option to add new services?

alefba.us

Sourena

One more suggestion: Is it possible to add a section in the setting page to customize the "Category page" the same way we are able to customize the blog page?

alefba.us

Andrew

@eric - v 1.2.0 will have some improvements around this :)

Sourena

One more RTL-related suggestion: The arrows (?†’ or ?†?) are not localized in the theme. PLease include them as part of the localization file, so they can be reversed for the RTL languages. It means the RTL language files translate all "& r a r r ;" to "& l a r r ;". That way one can fix all the arrows in a RTL website without touching any PHP file. Screenshot-arrows.png

alefba.us

caseyctrlsdcom

Documentation and examples would be helpful. I'm feeling pretty stupid trying to figure out boxes, etc. The video explanation didn't seem to make a dent in my thick head. PlatformPro For Dummies, please!

Sourena

New Taxonomies: The archive page for new taxonomies does not show the taxonomy's title. The template shows tags and categories correctly but leaves the title's place blank when it is a new taxonomy. taxonomy.png

alefba.us

Sourena

Suggestion: Is there any way to add Template Setup support for BuddyPress pages such as Member's page, Group's page, and Activity page? If you add that support the user can customize these pages independently. So Members' pages can have its own set of widgets (primary for example) while groups' pages get their widgets from another widgets set (like the secondary one.)

alefba.us

Sourena

Suggestion: There is a Buddypress plugin called Buddypress Sidebar that makes widget-placement in the sidebar much easier. But the plugin is not compatible with PlatformPro. Please make the theme compatible with this plugin, or add similar capabilities to the theme.

alefba.us

Sourena

Highlight Section: The Highlight Section does not accept links. I just added a link to this section and it removed it. I think this needs to be fixed because this section is mostly used for linking to other places.

alefba.us

Andrew

Hmm. Highlight section shouldn't be doing that.... we'll look into it.

Sourena

BuddyPress Pages: Adding support for styling Buddypress pages (Activity, Members, Groups) so one can choose to add all the available PlatformPro features and layouts to the BuddyPress pages.

alefba.us