Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onlinedesigns4u

No Youtube Video in Firefox

onlinedesigns4u

Hi Guys, 

I have an issue with my youtube videos not displaying/playing in Firefox. At one point they were displaying in firefox. But not initially. When i first added them they only showed up in Chrome and Safari, then i noticed a few days later witout changing anything they stated showing up in firefox and everything was working the same across all browsers.

I have noticed recently though that embedded Youtube videos are no longer showing in Firefox. Im using the DMS shortcode for adding the Youtube videos and just dont understand why its not consistently working on firefox and how to fix it.

I understand for the videos to play across all browsers when used for canvas backgrounds etc the video need uploading in different formats, fair enough.

Surely though the videos im sharing from youtube should work across all browsers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers for your time

Danny

Hi,

Where are you adding the YouTube shortcode which section ? Also, what version of FireFox are you using, as this is likely an issue related to FireFox and not DMS.

As I have just this moment added the YouTube shortcode to a MediaBox and the YouTube video displayed in both Chrome and FireFox for me. However, there does seem to be a slight issue displaying the video correctly in both browsers. Which I have reported to our tracker.

In the meantime, you could just use the embed code provided by YouTube in a MediaBox.

Please search our forums, before posting!

onlinedesigns4u

Hi Danny.

Ive not been adding the embedded youtube videos to any of the sections. I did add a video to a fullwidth section for a page but that wasnt a youtube vid. Ive just been using the youtube shortcode in the body of the page/post. For chrome its showing all the time, for firefox it maybe shows something 10% of the time or hardly ever.

The youtube videos embedded on my old wordpress version of the website displayed youtube videos just fine in all browsers. Not looking to use too many third party plugins.

Cheers, Hopefully the tracking will bring a solution or fix

Danny

It is likely that there is something in the way the shortcode is coded that needs changing, I have reported this to our tracker. In the meantime, to make sure you have no browser issues you will want to use the embed code.

onlinedesigns4u

Hi Danny, 

Any developments with this issue? 

I get the same browser problem even if im using the embed code from youtube. Still only showing in firefox occasionally, most of the time just leaving me with a blank, black box where the video should be.

I want to put a video page together on the website but until this issue has been resolved not sure what i can do. We want to build our youtube page up and share our videos throughout the website but i dont want to do too much now as the embedding doesnt seem very consistent. 90% of the time they are not showing up in firefox.

Thanks again. Any ideas are appreciated.

onlinedesigns4u

After going onto youtube using firefox i realised that none of the videos on Youtube were playing for me. I checked my install of Firefox and was running the latest version. I had a friend check the embedded videos on my website using Firefox and using a PC and he could play the videos just fine. 

I have deleted the Firefox install from my computer and will be re-installing again when re-downloaded. Im hoping this issue isn't happening for other visitors on the website and that its down to my install/configuration/computer only.

Cheers

Danny

There should no issue using the embed code provided by YouTube in FireFox, it is likely related to either your FireFox version or an extension you have installed.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?