Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kzaiman

DMS2 - can no longer scroll down the page

kzaiman

Yikes! I don't know if I inadvertently deleted something. I hope not.

I can no longer scroll down anywhere on the site I've been building locally. I'm on a Macbook Pro, so there is not a scrollbar. I've opened in multiple browsers and there is no difference.

Help!

Kim 

Simon

Sounds to me like you have added a css snippet to avoid scrollbars on an area and inadvertently the selectors you used are applying to the entire page.

kzaiman

Any idea how I can find it and fix it Simon?

Danny

You will want to do the following:

* Disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your the issue

If the issue persists, then remove all custom scripts and CSS/LESS you may have added, whilst keeping your plugins disabled. This should resolve your issue.

You will then see to go through the painful process of eliminating the culprit, i.e. if it was resolved by disabling your plugins. You're going to need to disable all them and enable them one at a time, then check to see if the issue returns. If the issue doesn't return, then disable that plugin and move on to the next one, repeat the process until you find the culprit.

If plugins wasn't the cause, then you're going to need to review all your custom code, copy and paste it rule by rule and see which causes the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kzaiman

Here is what I've done thus far:

1. Disabled all active plugins. Does not resolve issue.

2. Removed all CSS/LESS that I had added. Does not resolve issue.

I have back-up copies of the html files, <compiled-css-core-1412728100.css> and <editor-draft.css>. The back-up copies are from the day before the scrolling issue began.

I copied and pasted the code into MSWord docs. Then I created MSWord docs with the current non-working files. I ran the Compare Documents tool and there are dozens of lines missing from the current files. As I mentioned, I fear I may have accidentally deleted something in the front end of DMS2. That now appears to be the case.

Can you walk me through how to get the working back-up files to replace to faulty files? I don't want to get into DMS2 code and really foul things up.

Thanks!

Kim

Simon

If you are building locally, on a mac, you should have time machine right? Roll back the entire theme dir.

kzaiman

I am feeling quite inept right now. I am finding two folders named 'dms'. One is nested inside the other.

wp-content themes dms

wp-content themes dms dms

I am assuming the first pathname is the one that I'm looking for. Is that correct?

Simon

Yes, 1st folder is the theme in wordpress, 2nd folder is the dms framework folder.

kzaiman

Unfortunately, restoring from time machine is also not working for me. The problem appeared 36 hours ago. I've restored back to 3 days ago and I still cannot scroll down the page.

Is it perhaps time to Restore Global Settings? I know it is extreme, but I'm at a loss. The only other thing beyond that is to deinstall and reinstall, right?

Simon

Have you tried another browser?

kzaiman

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and IE. No scrolling.

Danny

When you're on your site, is there any errors in Chromes dev tools ?

Can you record the issue using either Jing or QuickCast please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?