Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

solosails

BBPress DMS2 User profile 404 error

solosails

I have DMS2 installed using a child theme, and BBPress forum plugin

When I go to view a non admin user profile page, I get a 404 page not found error.

The only page that will display is the Keymaster Admin account.

I have followed a few threads here with the same issue and have managed to get the profile to display by dropping in a post loop section and enabling the legacy mode with view full content, however, this still leaves a jumbled 'post' preview at the top of the page.

Any help much appreciated.

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue please, so we can see exactly what the issue is. To add your image, please use an image hosting site such as Imgur.

Please search our forums, before posting!

solosails

Hi,

I have managed to get passed a pure 404 page for user profiles by dropping in a wp Content/loop section, using standard settings, this gives a post 'preview' type summary of the profile as in the first image...

6bXZUOY.png

If I enable legacy mode and select view full post content , I get this (nearly there)...

NSLGlQ7.jpg

But as you can see, I still have the summary at the top and also, you can see that this is a 404_page, so although this is almost sorting the problem, changing this template affects my real 404 pages, and also setting the blog preview sttings to legacy affects my real blog archive settings as well.

As mentioned earlier, the only user profile that does work is the Admin Keymaster one. I have tried creating a new admin with keymaster role, but this one doesn't work properly either...?

2znJV8D.png

solosails

Damn it, I have just also discovered that if a user goes to edit a post, he gets a similar problem, a post type summary not the proper post edit screen..

Danny

Looks like a bug, I have just reported this to our high priority list.

solosails

Thanks Danny, 

Further to my last comment, once again, the admin can edit without issue, but non of the others can.

Cheers

solosails

A slight side note, I have tried Buddy Press (and am very keen to get it working along with bbpress)  as well, and get similar 404 pages for most of the buddypress functionality pages.

Thanks

Danny

If you're getting 404 on most pages, make sure the WP-Content/PostLoop section is active on the page.

solosails
Hi Danny,

That is the stage I got to above in the screen shots. This pages are 404 error pages with a post loop section added. That gets me as far as above, but this doesn't fix the problem and it also has knock in effects for real 404 pages and the real post loop archive.

It seems from what I can find out that this is an issue with dms or bbpress not registering the custom post types that it used for certain things like profiles etc, if there was a way to make dms register this type of dynamic content it might solve the issue perhaps?

Danny

I am not sure unfortunately, I have added this to our task manager so our developer will be aware of the issue.

solosails

I have been lucky enough to have had a user Erwan take a look at the problem, he has managed to sort 90% of it! 

As of yet I don't know what the solution was, but will post here as soon as he has had a chance to go through it with me.

Thanks

solosails

We have a strange situation whereby Erwan says he didn't change anything, yet a lot of the 404 errors seem to have been fixed.

However, we still do have this 404 error for the 'edit' forum post.

If a user posts a thread or reply on the forum and then goes to edit t afterwards, we get a similar issue as above where the edit page is actually a 404 page with a 'post summary' type layout...

IDd3KCU.png

solosails

Specifically it seems to be only the replies that have this error, the original thread post can be edited without issue.

Also, I noticed that the icons on the admin tool bar fail to load on this error page as well, I think this is linked as this doesn't happen with any other genuine 404 pages.

I have tried re-setting the permalinks and have tried different structures, but no changes make any difference.

solosails

OK, I think I can see what may be the issue,...

With tests using the default theme 2014, all is well and it works as it should, so it is almost certainly a theme (DMS2) related issue.

I can see that the page type when going to edit a reply is called 'reply' (you can see this in the last screen shot I uploaded, I assume that DMS is thinking this type of page is the same as a news/post reply perhaps? 

If this is the case, how to tell DMS that this is a different type of 'reply' page type and that it should treat it as a 'topic' page instead?

solosails

Hi, any update or help for this issue?

Can you guys re-create the problem? Any idea how to solve it?

Cheers, A

solosails

Hi Danny,

Sorry to repeat my last post, but any development on this? We need to release this website in 2 weeks and this still looks like a bug to me?

Thanks, Andrew

solosails

I was hoping the last DMS update 2.1.9.1 might fix this 404 issue as it says it fixes a rare temporary 404 page issue (seemingly the problem I have (still)

I still have this issue, many BuddyPress and BBpress pages are using 404 pages - It is a big problem for me as 90% of the website is built on the Buddypress system, I REALLY need to get this sorted.

Has anyone made any progress with this or at least been able to recreate the problem?

Thanks, Andrew

solosails

I am very disappointed there is no fix or response to this issue, as yet, I don't even know if the problem exists for anyone else.

It appears to me that it is related to Page ID's but I can find no documentation on this.

So, my guess is that for some reason, buddypress is using the same page ID as a Pagelines 404 page (I get 70000008) that means that I can get buddypress profiles working fine, BUT, they are running on a 404 page and as such I have to add in a WPContent section to make it visible.

This is OK as a temp fix, but it does mean that whenever I get a real 404 response, I don't get a 404 page, I get a list of post archives.

I need to know if this is a page lines bug, or a mess up on my system, either way, it is causing some very irritating issues for me on our site. I would like to get this solved ASAP please, thanks.

Danny

I apologise over this, I will bump the ticket again for you.

solosails

Hi Danny, Thanks for your help. Cheers, Andrew

gregory.guz

Hi

Any update for this one?

gregory.guz

solosails did anyone help you to sort this problem out or this is still unsolved since October 2014?

solosails

Hi
Any update for this one?

hi,

The user profile works for me now, but editing forums after the primary post Still isn't working for me. It just goes to a post summary and not the edit page.

Sorry I can't help any more.

gregory.guz
thanks for the reply solosails .
How did you manage to get the user profile working properly?
Thanks

Greg

solosails
Unfortunately, I don't know! It just started working and I don't know what changed.

There is a tool that repairs bbpress in the tools sidebar menu. Try that. Sorry I can't help!

• Similar Content

• jagipson
      By jagipson+
      404 When trying to connect site to PL

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • webbdo
      By webbdo+
      Hi,
      In the social links Twitter shows 404 error in the API. Example:
      "GET http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/count.json?url=http://www.webbdo.se/cybe…onday/&callback=jQuery1113017799108568578959_1449307004771&_=1449307004772 "
      This on all posts that have the "social links" and Twitter included.
      See example: http://www.webbdo.se/cyber-monday/
      How can it be fixed?

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?