Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwatVI

Disable or change responsive Layout

SwatVI

Hi

I installed and customized DMS on Wordpress for a relative of mine and her husband for their Wedding Music agency. They wanted me to customize a lot, so I changed much via the custom css field. They wanted me to make a layout with a fixed width, and fixed widths for all the content boxes, since they want it to look exactly the same on every device. They didn't want it to  adapt to screen resolutions. However, if the screen size is smaller than a certain width, it switches to the responsive layout and completely messes the whole website. Is there any way to disable, or at least edit the mobile, responsive layout, so that it also uses the exact same layout for mobile devices?

The Website URL is: http://www.wedding-voice.ch/

We use Wordpress 3.8.2, and DMS 1.0.3.7.

The plugins in use are:

-All in one SEO pack

-Contact Form 7

-Contact form 7 custom skins

-Limit Login Attempts

Thanks for your time, and have a nice day

Danny

Hi,

The thing is DMS is a responsive framework and when you create your site it will looks the same on all devices. However, due to the screen real estate on mobile devices, some changes to the layout are required such as content being stacked beneath one another. If you want to make your site look the same on all devices, the best course of action would be to make everything full width.

For example, instead of displaying three boxes in a row, make it only disable one box per row. Basically, design your site from mobile to desktop in mind, instead of desktop to mobile.

Another alternative would be to use this function in a child theme:

add_filter( 'disable_mobile_view', '__return_true' );

All the setting does is remove the following line from the HEAD
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" />

Lastly, you would need to change most of the media queries in DMS LESS styling. However, due to the extensiveness of this, we will not be able to provide support, should you proceed with this option.

Please search our forums, before posting!

SwatVI

Another alternative would be to use this function in a child theme:

add_filter( 'disable_mobile_view', '__return_true' );

All the setting does is remove the following line from the HEAD
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" />

Thank you very much, worked perfectly, I entered this code into the header.php file, and now it displays on my mobile phone the same as it does on the PC. Thanks for the quick answer!

Danny

No problem. However, you should add the function to a child theme and not make amendments to the core files, as this is not recommended nor supported. Also, due to you editing the core files, your customization will be removed when you update DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!