Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajburnet

Masonic gallery - show post by selected categories..

ajburnet

DM 2.4, WP 4. Plugins updated to latest version.

HI all,

I've looked at the forum entries around this and they all seem to point to creating custom fields and using these to filter posts displayed in the masonic gallery.

Is there an easy way to filter by post category, I can't seem to get this to work using the meta key and values field so a quick pointer would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Alex

ajburnet

Thanks - I'd already seen that but for some reason have not been able to make it work. I assume then there is no simple way to filter using the post category then?

Thanks,

Alex.

Danny

No the Masonic section was not designed to show only a specific category, it was design to allow you to select a post type and then filter your posts. If you want to only show specific posts, you're going to need to use the meta options via custom fields.

The explanation on the other topic, is as straight forward as I can put it. If you show me screenshots of what you're adding the meta options and what you're adding to the custom fields in your posts, I may be able to see where you have gone wrong.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ajburnet

Cheers, thanks for confirming - I'm sure I'll figure it out with some playing around.  

Many thanks,

Alex.

Danny

Well if you don't Alex, I'm sure you have probably just missed something and so if you still can't work out where you're going wrong, provide some screenshots and we will be able to figure out the problem.

ajburnet

Ta - got it! I was using the types plug in rather than the natives custom fields. All good. 

One question though - is there any way to remove the Masonic sort option given its not really relevant in this case?

Thanks.

Danny

Awesome!

Add the following to your custom CSS to hide the filtering options.

#masonicu89o7hn .masonic-nav.inline-list {
  display: none;
}

Replace #masonicu89o7hn with your masonic sections ID. You can find this by inspecting your Masonic section via Chrome dev tools. You can also remove it from the CSS, but it will effect all Masonic sections.

In the image below,  you can see the ID of mine which I have used in the code above.

ajburnet

Thanks - worked a treat!

Unfortunately though the page layout is wrong in live mode. Fine in the editor but the right sidebar, for example, displays at the bottom horizontally in live mode.

I'll leave that for now as the support team are looking into (another) issue whereby no CSS is applied when the DMS Pro plugin is enabled so perhaps related to the underlying cause of that.

Thanks,

Alex.

Danny

There is no issue with the DMS Pro Tools plugin in regards to CSS not being applied. It is likely another plugin or you're running an out of date version of the DMS Pro Tools plugin.

In regards to your sidebar, the likely cause is you have added CSS that has styled the sidebar such as adding a border. When you add a border, it actually increases the width of the sidebar and therefore, pushes it to a new row. So we need to see your site to get a full understanding of your issue.

ajburnet

Thanks - running latest version of the plugins and framework (re-installed two days ago to confirm that). With all plugins deactivated and removed activating the DMS Pro plugin causes the issue so not likely to be another plugin but never say never.

Support team are looking at it so I won't cross wires here.

Re the sidebar, I haven't added any CSS, in-line or otherwise (to my knowledge!), or via the column border option so not sure about that one.

site is: blog.amfora.com.au/eat/food-recipe-test

I have a login for the support team if you'd be happy to look - I can send details separately if you can do that?

Danny

The issue is likely caused because you have a cache plugin active, we do not provide support to users who have these plugins enabled. You should only have a cache plugin active when you have finished designing or adding your CSS. Otherwise, you may encounter issues with your newly added CSS not applying.

Therefore, you need to disable this plugin and see if this resolves your issue, as the issue with your CSS is not caused by DMS Pro Tools. I have just this moment added multiple rules of CSS to my test site, which only has DMS Pro Tools active and all the rules were applied. I then add more after that and they too were applied.

In regards to your sidebar, as far as I can tell the sidebar is working as intended, this is what I see when I visit the URL you provided above - https://cloudup.com/cxTktd_Nzzs

Therefore, again this is likely caused by your cache plugin.

ajburnet

Danny,

Thanks - as I said, the issue was still apparent when all plugins (except DMS Pro) are disabled (including the cache plugin). I've since re-enabled a number of plugins I need. I'll leave the cache disabled on your advice. Anyway - support ticket on going and being looked at so no need to respond on that one, I'll leave it with them. Some other config issue no doubt.

Re support with that plugin disabled, it might be worth passing back the idea of providing a list of known plugins that are not compatible for new subscribers - there doesn't seem to be an obvious one?

Re the sidebar, yup, just tried again and it seems to be displaying correctly now, as does the whole site! Always nice when it fixes itself, maybe the support guys have sorted it for me....I can hope!

Thanks,

Alex.

Danny

Thats the problem with cache plugins, as it is cache, if you do not flush your cache in the plugin and your own browsers cache, you will still have the issue, regardless of the plugin being disabled or not. The DMS Pro Tools plugin is not the cause of your issue, if you enable DMS Pro Tools and keep the cache plugin disabled you will find that your CSS should start saving.

Also, we already have a forum topic open with our staff and users posting regarding plugins that are not compatible with DMS.

Please let me know after a few more days if you're still having issues with your CSS.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?