Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JARS

Error after updating to PHP 5.6

JARS

Hi guys, I've just upgraded my server from PHP 5.3.3 to PHP 5.6.0 and I've started to see this error in my log:

Error: Non-static method PageLinesTemplate::current_admin_post_type() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context

at: wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/class.options.metapanel.php (30)

I've reverted to PHP 5.3.3 and no errors. Any idea of what's going on? I'm currently using Pagelines 2.4.5.

Cheers!

Danny

Hi,

PageLines Framework 2.4.5 is compatible with PHP 5.4.0 or greater, as it received an update a few months back. So if you're seeing this error, which can be ignored, it means either you have WP_Debug mode active or your host has error reporting active. Either-way, you can ignore the error.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JARS

Thanks Danny, setting reporting error off, did the trick. But this error is still in code....

Simon

What do you mean by 'still in code'?

JARS

Hi Simon,

Well, I've disabled the error reporting so I'm not seeing this error message anymore, but if I re-anable error reporting I see this error again...

$this->ptype = PageLinesTemplate::current_admin_post_type();
 You're calling a non-static method as if it was a static one. PHP 5.6 complains raising an error. Have you got the chance to test pagelines with PHP 5.6?

Thanks and regards!

Simon
Dms works fine with php 5.6

Those are warnings not errors
Nothing to worry about