This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flipper and Excerpt Length Question

I'm wrapping up a client site and I have the Flipper section on the Homepage that shows one item only.  I have it set to show the excerpt of the post but only want to show half of what it defaults to showing.  

Anyone know how I can change this or where to change it?  I'm assuming I need to dig into the section code of Flipper itself.  I want it to show maybe 50 characters and not the amount it shows by default.

The excerpt length in Flipper is the same to my knowledge to the length used in WordPress by default which I believe is 55. So if you want to change the excerpt length in Flipper you will effect the length everywhere not just for flipper.

You can use the following filter to change the length of the excerpt - http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/excerpt_length

I'll speak to our developers and see if we can in the future include a excerpt length option for Flipper.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      We only want the images and title mouse-over, not link/click to the actual post the title is from.
      Any ideas anyone?
    • Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      I just installed and added the Flipper section to my home page and it makes my navigation/menu bar items disappear.
      They do show up again when scrolling down and everything seems normal on the other pages.
    • king_kcm
      By king_kcm
      Is there any way to hide the excerpt in Flipper, and the navigation arrows?