This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub menus not working..

I have a problem with sub menus with my main nav. I basically have a top-level nav called 'products' and custom sub heading called 'Everyday' with a sub menu from that, but for some reason - its not working.

I can't understand why, it should be seamless *or* is there something within the framework that prevents this?

See the attached screenshots showing how the menu is structured and should be (back-end) and what its doing front end.

Grateful for any pointers

The Nav only supports a specific amount of sub menus and you have reached that limit. You're free to create a child of that section and edit the sections code to support more sub menus. However, you will likely need to add additional styling to support the increase number of sub menus.

Please be aware that we are unable to provide support for this kind of customization.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      I was hoping someone could help. Firstly all my websites are DMS and all hosted on Flywheel. Recently I have noticed that on my sites including fresh installs with only DMS and a few DMS sections the main wordpress menus are disappearing when I hover them in the dashboard. This looks really flakey and I am not sure why. I have tried disabling the plugins but this does not help me.
      Please see screen grab. Has anyone seen this?
      Thanks, James

• PeterBuilt
      By PeterBuilt
      I posted two different questions earlier, and I am having a lot of trouble with DMS 2.
      Every time I make a change to one page absed on a specific DMS 2-template the rest of my website is affected, some loses all styling, some loses sections.
      I am using Polylang for translations. For this I have made a number of custom menus in different languages.
      When I try to make the English version use the English menu all the other language pages are set to use the english menu.
      This is no good - I am really frustrated.
      I am almost sure part of the blame falls on me - I must be doing something wrong.
      Can you please help me out - thanks.
    • PeterBuilt
      By PeterBuilt
      Hi Pagelines support,
      I have a client who wants to have an fairly high number of landing pages, (product pages), each with a separate unique menu.
      He wants at least 40-50 of such pages each with a separate menu assigned.
      Can that high a number of menus be assigned in DMS 2?
      Do you have an idea on how to achieve this?
      thank you
      best regards
    • PeterBuilt
      By PeterBuilt
      Hi DMS 2 forum,
      I am trying to understand how the Manage Locations in WordPress works with DMS 2.
      I have made custom main menus for three different language versions and I have assigend the proper language versions in the Manage locations section in the WP menu controlpanel.
      As I understand the menus should only be shown on the corresponding language versions, (I use Polylang plugin) - even if the menus on the DMS 2 templates are set globally above the Template line - but maybe I'm wrong.
      There's no way I can get the proper menu to display on the proper pages.
      Whenever I select a specific menu that same menu is displayed globally on the entire website.
      I hope someone can help me out.
    • TOUCH Broward
      By TOUCH Broward
      Hi, I recently encountered this crazy bug when I use the search field in the Navi section. 
      A. What I did: 
      I clicked on the navi search icon and ran a search for the term "FLIPANY"
      B. What happened:
      The search results page displays a navi menu with page links I do not have in my wordpress menu...
      It should look like this:

And instead, it's adding two pages that are NOT part of the wordpress menu assigned to my navi menu (see this pic):

C. Then I ran a different search, for the term "earn a bike", and the navi menu displays properly
      D. Then I ran a third search, for "ymca" and the issue got even worse! it seems to be displaying ALL, or at least as many pages as the screen can fit, of the wordpress pages on my website, see pic:

I believe if you head on over to my site: TOUCHBroward.org and repeat the above steps you will be able to replicate the results.
      I am running DMS version 2.1.1... This bug occurs both when I'm logged into Wordpress Dashboard, and logged out.
      If you keep running searches you will find that the problem variates, it adds different pages to the navi menu, some searches come out fine... please adivise, seach is used by our readers often and this problem is obviously unacceptable...