Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nuovait

Flipper sections does not filter for post language

nuovait

For a client I'm building a site that uses flipper section to display a portfolio.

The site is multi-lingual (using WPML) so all portfolio post are available in english and dutch (and more languages to follow).

The issue I'm having here is that all posts from all languages show up in the flipper section, whereas I'd expect only posts from the selected language.

On normal pages and posts it's all working fine, just the flipper sections doesn't seem to filter.

any suggestions?

Danny

Hi,

This may well be a bug, which I will report. But before that, can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nuovait

Hi,

For this site I found a temporary fix on the WPML site http://wpml.org/forums/topic/get_posts-by-language/

I implemented the suppress_filters=0 option in the get_posts() function call. in the flipper section. But this meant creating a child section.

The site is http://sa.nuova-it.nl/referenties/ But as said, it's working with this temp fix.

I can disable it for a fex hours so you can see if you like.

Marijn

nuovait

I changed the following in line 215 in section.php from flipper section.

$the_query = array(
            'posts_per_page'     => $total,
            'post_type'         => $post_type,
            'orderby' => $orderby,
            'order' => $sorting,
        );

$the_query = array(
            'posts_per_page'     => $total,
            'post_type'         => $post_type,
            'orderby' => $orderby,
            'order' => $sorting,
            'suppress_filters' => '0',
        );

Danny

So your fix above resolves the issue, as I can pass this onto our developers.

nuovait
Yes, this fixed the problem.

nuovait

Is this issue fixed already?

I didn't see it in the 2.1.8 release.

Can this please be update in the next release?

Danny

I will give our developers another nudge it has been added to the tracker.

nuovait

Ok, 2.1.9also didn't include this fix. Can you advice in which version this little bug will be fixed?

Danny

We do not give ETAs, I have added it to the high priority list in our tracker, I will give it another bump for you. I apologise about this.

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA
    • mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh+
      I am trying to get WPML working on my Pagelines instance. I am interested in getting help from anyone that has tried, especially @claudedagenais who seams to have it working.
      My issues are:
      How to translate header and footer How to get the menu to show all nav even if not translated How to get non-translated posts /pages to show up when only in default language - true for Masonry, Newsfront, and other list showing items... I have zero skills in PHP and its my site for my company. 
      note: Multi-lingual is a business decision and is required. I have vetted all of the multi-lingual options and the only one fit for purpose is WPML. 
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      We only want the images and title mouse-over, not link/click to the actual post the title is from.
      Any ideas anyone?
      Thanks
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      How can you set the translations with platform5, the parts that are not in pages or posts? Texts and images…