Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nizami

Pagelines Support. Can I actually get some?

nizami

Dear Pageline, having invested 100s of £££s and hours in your product, I am disappointed not only in not being able to use the product, which in my experience, on two separate hosting platforms, has proved completely unstable and cost me business, but in the lack of support. Which is a shame, as when it works like it's supposed to, DMS 2 is great, and I had hoped to be designing fabulous sites as fast as I could crack them out. 

Nope. Please see this thread, where you'll notice that Danny spins out the conversation by repeatedly asking what plugins I'm using and so on, and waves the empty promise of 'I'll have a developer look into this'...these are presumably cut n paste standard responses. 

Dunno. Guess I expected more from cutting edge California. 

I want this issue resolved or my money back please. 

Over to you. 

N

Danny

Hi,

I have stated on your previous topic that I will contact our developers who will look into your issue. We apologise, if you feel this is a copy and paste response, but I assure it isn't. I only escalate an issue for developers attention when the issue is either related to advanced code in DMS or something we can not resolve ourselves. I have no macros for responses and every topic I reply to, is written by myself and not a robot.

Please be aware we want to get to the bottom of your issue, but it is truly unique, we have had other users report a similar issue and our team upon investigation have not once been able to recreate the issue. The likelihood is that the issue is caused by either plugins, cache or the server environment or configuration.

However, as you're on FlyWheel, the issue you're encountering shouldn't be happening. FlyWheel host PageLines.com, we have multiple admins who all use the DMS visual editor, add posts etc.. and not once have we had issues with our sections or settings being wiped.

That is why we constantly ask what plugins, as 99.9% of the time a users issue is caused by plugins installed or their server environment. Which in your case shouldn't be an issue.

If you're only using the plugins you mention on your previous topic, then the issue has to be caused by something you're doing which may cause a bug, that our team have yet to encounter.

You also still haven't provided all the information I asked for on the previous topic. The debug info you have provided is from WooCommerce I believe and not the debug info by DMS. Therefore, please enable DMS debug mode, which can be done via WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, scroll down and check the DMS debug mode option.

Also, can you provide exact steps you take (if you can recall that is) that you do before you the issues occurs, if you can do this. That would be awesome, as whatever I or our team have tried simply doesn't cause any issue. For example, I have about 40 test sites, and I am constantly changing it's configuration, layout and not once have I encountered settings or layout being wiped.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nizami

I have stated on your previous topic that I will contact our developers who will look into your issue. We apologise, if you feel this is a copy and paste response, but it isn't. I only escalate an issue for developers investigate when the issue is either related to a advanced code or something we can not resolve ourselves. I have no macros for responses and everything topic I reply to, is written by myself and never a copy and paste.

Okay that's great. The only question then is––when? This might be naive, but I would have thought the error message thrown up by DMS I have posted several times might have been a start point. It appears on the page setup tab of DMS. Here it is again: 

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/77/12052677/html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.templates.php on line 313

If you're only using the plugins you mention on your previous topic, then the issue has to be some caused by something you're doing which may cause a bug, that our team have yet to encounter.

I assure you again I am not lying to you about the plugins listed.

You also still haven't provided all the information I asked for on the previous topic.

Are you sure that the plugins you have listed above are the only ones active ?

Yup.

What has actually be wiped, content, users, templates, orders etc... Can you provide a list of everything that has been wiped please.

All templates and all widgets in templated areas.

Are you running the latest version of DMS?

Yup.

Have you added any custom code of any kind i.e. scripts, php via functions.php file and/or CSS/LESS CSS ?

Other than text transform uppercase inline CSS in a couple places, no.

Have you made any changes to any of the core files ?

No.

Are you using a child theme ?

No.

Can you enable DMS debug mode and provide a link to the site in question please.

Debug mode has been enabled since the start of the original thread.

The debug info you have provided is from WooCommerce I believe and not the debug info by DMS. Therefore, please enable DMS debug mode, which can be done via WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, scroll down and check the DMS debug mode option.

Debug mode has been enabled since the start of the problem.

Also, can you provide exact steps you take (if you can recall that is) that you do before you the issues occurs, if you can do this. That would be awesome, as whatever I or our team have tried simply doesn't cause any issue. For example, I have about 40 test sites, and I am constantly changing it's configuration, layout and not once have I encountered settings or layout being wiped.

Your developers IMO should start by looking at the template code. There is a bug, which I have hit, for whatever weird reason, which means that other users will hit it sooner or later. The bug takes out the template system and you lose all sections. Wish DMS would work for me too.

And a question from me: Is your offer to have a developer look into this a serious one? It sounds low priority for you guys. Understandable, if it's my problem and mine alone and no one else can produce this error, it's a waste of your time. Doesn't help me at all though, and leaves me at the last resort: a full refund for a product that (in my, peculiar case) doesn't work. If you are going to look into this, can you give me an indication of timescale? This week/month/year? 

Thanks

N

nizami

Site credentials

http://jl.flywheelsites.com

Flywheel auth: user: flywheel, password boiling-cracker.

Danny edit: Removed WP admin credentials for security reasons

Danny

DMS debug is not enabled, I tried on the flywheel site and isn't working. Also, neither are the WordPress Admin username or password. Also both sites aren't using the latest version of DMS ?

http://jl.flywheelsites.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/style.css

http://jackielewis.co.uk/wp-content/themes/dms/style.css

The latest version is 2.1.6.1, we can not provide support to users who run out of date versions.

In regards to the error you reported in your previous topic:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/77/12052677/html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.templates.php on line 313

This can only be displayed if you have enabled Debug mode in either your wp-config.php file or FlyWheel debug mode which enabled WP_Debug mode for you. Deactivate this, as that is only a warning and won't display when you disable debug mode on Flywheel. FYI, when any member of PageLines staff mention enabling Debug mode we mean by default the DMS debug mode, if we mean WP Debug mode we will mention WP Debug mode, so users do not get confused.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nizami

OK...have set the password again: CONTENT REMOVED by Danny: security reasons. Debug mode is enabled, according to DMS. Can't show you a screenshot as it's bigger than the ridiculous 17.5K limit on this forum. So you'll have to take my word for it. 

nizami

And your point re latest version of DMS is irrelevant. The bug or whatever it is, is not resolved, and therefore unlikely to have been dealt with in the latest patch.

Simon

There is no 'ridiculous 17.5K' limit on these forums. 

Each of the users have 256k of image space. If you have used all that space, then you can delete old attachments in the media manager. We simply dont have the server space to allow everyone to upload huge images.

Thats why we suggest any of the free image host services out there such as imgur.

Simon

Im trying to get to the bottom of this so we can get you out of this situation.

Correct me at any point if im wrong please..

Site1 is hosted on GoDaddy

Site2 is hosted on Flywheel

In your previous post you stated your had rebuilt your site five times over, was this site1 or site2?

Is this basically an attempt to transfer site1 to site2?

If you want help transferring a site to Flywheel I'd be more than happy to help.

First things first tho, site1 and site2 must be running the same version before you transfer from one to the other.

The reason site1 has no templates can only be because someone either deleted them, or a import was attempted which deleted them.

Neither of the sites have any WordPress posts that I can see.. 

Id suggest stop working on both of them at the same time, and concentrate on the site you are trying to migrate to.

nizami

Okay maybe i've missed something or we're using a different UI for this forum?

Only option for image upload I can see is the one that appears when you click More Reply Options.

That produces an image upload widget, clearly marked: You can upload up to 9.77KB of files (Max. single file size: 17.5KB)

Luckily, a GIF of that area is only 17K, so I can share it here? Sure, it's my mistake, but you can see where I got the idea? 

[attachment=2470:Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 14.38.39.gif]

nizami

Im trying to get to the bottom of this so we can get you out of this situation.

Thank you.

Site1 is hosted on GoDaddy

Site2 is hosted on Flywheel

We're talking the same site here...it began life on GoDaddy, where it was built from scratch––reinstalling WP, DMS and WooCommerce, not using any back up of any kind––three times over. Pagelines advised me to move to Flywheel, where I rebuilt from scratch two times. After the fifth time I thought we'd cracked it, that it was down to something weird on my part, and marked the thread solved

In your previous post you stated your had rebuilt your site five times over, was this site1 or site2?

Both.3 on GoDaddy and two on Flywheel

Is this basically an attempt to transfer site1 to site2?

Nope. I have not used any kind of automated export/import...as this bug is so weird  you don't know whether you're importing/exporting it.

The reason site1 has no templates can only be because someone either deleted them, or a import was attempted which deleted them.

No one deleted any templates. At least 3 out of the 5 times the site broke, it happened while I was working on the site. The first time it was simply adding a full bleed masonic gallery section to the TEMPLATE area of one of the out-of-the-box templates that did it. The section doesn't appear on refreshing the page, nor do any previously installed sections on the page....or any page. Only indication as to what has happened is the template system has crashed, producing the error message...I copy it again here: 

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/77/12052677/html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.templates.php on line 313

Neither of the sites have any WordPress posts that I can see.. 

There are no WP posts. There are pages and products. 

Id suggest stop working on both of them at the same time, and concentrate on the site you are trying to migrate to.

After the fifth breakdown with all sections gone, I haven't touched it. 

nizami

...other than to update to latest version DMS and DMS Pro Tools this morning.

Simon

OK so just to be sure, we are looking at just http://jl.flywheelsites.com/ right? Which is running an out of date version of DMS, does not have debug enabled either and the login credentials do not work..

The other site, on godaddy however does have debug enabled and the login you gave us does work.

So which site do you want us to look at?

Are you 100% sure you are logging into the right site?

nizami

The flywheel site, please.

http://jl.flywheelsites.com/wp-admin/

*this forum is public*

I have just tested that again now and it works. If you're having problems I can only imagine it's something to do with the double level of auth at flywheel...i'm not sure what the status of the site is now that hosting has been paid for, and then refunded...if the site has gone back to preview mode, then the first level auth should still be user=flywheel/pass=boiling-cracker.    

Simon

seriously, it does not work. I still think you are logging into the wrong site.

Please email [email protected] to start a support ticket, this is a public forum and there are too many passwords floating around. Plus we can setup a screenshare or something seeing as we are in the same country.

nizami

As far as I can tell from DMS dashboard, debug is enabled at Flywheel and has been since I switched it on when first posting about the problem over a month ago. If you actually checked the site today––as opposed to skimming this thread––and it's still saying DMS debug mode is not running than that suggests another problem. Please see the screenshot attached, taken logged into the WP dashboard as user=pagelines.

[attachment=2471:Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 20.50.00.png]

There does appear to be some weird behaviour––maybe due to the double auth over slow connection––at flywheel? 

As far as WP goes, the login is 100% definitely working user=pagelines pass=pagelines. 

nizami

Simon, I'm not a total fool :-) there must be something odd going on as I have just logged right out and right in with the creds I gave you.

I'm going to mail all creds to [email protected] 

Simon

Im not 'skimming' the thread.

I have visited your site about 20 times today, I have been here all day.

Your screenshot is NOT flywheel.

You are logging into the godaddy server

http://i.pagelines.com/image/2r0R43313k0D

Stop using http://jackielewis.co.uk/ as it still points to godaddy.

Use your flywheel url.

When did you cange your DNS A record to point to the new server?

nizami

My apologies Simon...it's been a long day. Found the culprit: I've mangled the entries up in the keychain app I'm using. It was logging me into the GoDaddy one, even though I was applying it to the flywheel one...:-/ 

nizami

DNS still points to the GoDaddy one..

Simon

OK well at least were looking at the same server now ;)

So you'll agree the version on flywheel is out of date, and has no debug enabled.

Do you think the messed up login sessions are/were to blame for this whole fiasco?

nizami

Hi Simon––thanks for your patience. I wish I could say it was the messed up logins and not noticing what site I was on was to blame...! However this is definitely not the case. I have had DMS template system crash during the session, and on the other hand, after I had signed off the problem and not even logged back into the finished site, only to find, when I did, that it had gone again. It may be something I've done or am doing, but it's not that IMO. 

I've sent creds for flywheel site to you at [email protected] 

Do you want me to update DMS and enable debug or shall I leave it for you to you look around?

Simon

' I have had DMS template system crash during the session' 

What session? Just now?

You have steps to reproduce this? What do you mean by crash?

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?