Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdstiles2

password protecting page in wordpress.

jdstiles2

For some reason password protect is not working on my site.  Here is a link to the exact page where I'm having the issue.  http://formsales.com/price-lists/

I have 2 issues... 1st is why is the whole page not password protected and not each item on the page?  I want one password to get into the page.   2nd, the password boxes that are there don't work.  You can download the brochures without the password.  What is going on?  Any ideas?  I am using the standard password protect function in the wordpress page.  I'm thinking Platform Pro does not play nice with this feature in wordpress. 

Thanks for you time and efforts,

Jack :bbq:

Danny

Hi Jack,

The Password Protect page, works for WordPress content, what you're using on that page is content created in the Box section. If you want to password protect your whole page, then  you will want to use a membership plugin like S2Member.

Also, please be aware that Platform Pro has been considered a legacy theme for over three years and support is no longer provided. Therefore, I recommend you upgrade to DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jdstiles2

Hey Danny!  Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm confused by your first sentence.  I've watched at least 10 how to videos showing me that WP can password protect whole pages by using their password protect function.  When I click on the proper password protect button and assign a password...nothing happens.  If it is in wordpress, is it not wp content?  Why do the boxes cause a problem?  Even if I password protect each box, still no luck.  I did try the S2member plugin you talked about but it seems like I'll not be able to understand all of those features.  Can you please explain why the WP password protect does not work with platform pro and why I need to use a plugin when WP has put this password protect page feature in play?  I need to get this done and I'll do whatever it takes but I want to know if this is because this is a legacy theme and there is just no support to make it work or if WPs password protect function is just not functional and should be taken down by WP.  Why to they show videos on how to password protect pages if it is not possible? 

As always, your efforts will be greatly appreciated upon your response. 

FYI...Upgrading to DMS is not an option as it nukes my site and I don't have time to reinvent the wheel here.  LOL

Thanks for your time and ideas, 

Jack :jig:

jdstiles2

Oh....in your first sentence, by wordpress content, you mean what is placed in the content box of wordpress.  Since I am using boxes...and those boxes are not technically in the wordpress contect box...this won't work.  Right?

Danny

WordPress only protects the content you have added to the WordPress editor and your page doesn't have any content via the page WordPress editor. So if you want to protect  your page correctly, you need to use a Membership plugin such as S2 Member.

jdstiles2

thanks Danny!  I'll look to implement one asap. 

Danny

No problem.