Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gavred

Justify Sidebar Menu Text

gavred

Hi Guys, 

I've a really simple one that I just can't figure out. 

I want to justify the text in the sidebar custom menu for this page - http://www.noelgroup.ie/noel-recruitment/ 

(Screenshot attached.) Its the company divisions menu items. 

Any guidance on how I can go about doing this would be really appreciated. 

Cheers!

Gav. 

Danny

Hi,

I have just this moment added some custom CSS to my dev tools when inspecting your site and used text-align: justify; and the text looks exactly the same. So I am not quite sure what you're after, can you go into greater detail as to what you want your text to look like.

Please search our forums, before posting!

gavred

Hi Danny, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly and my apologies for the confusion. I thought the widget wasn't responding when I tried to change the text by align-text; justify. 

What I was looking for was align-text; centre. So it looks like this image: Screen-Shot-2014-09-24-at-11.26.09.png

I can make it look like this using firebug - but I can't seem to target it correctly with the CSS to make the change permanet. (Its a lack of knowledge on my behalf.) 

I'm also hoping to target the link colour for this menu so that it matches the logo above. #053b62. 

If you could give me some guidance on this I would be very grateful. 

Thanks, 

Gav. 

Danny

Alright Gav, try the following:

#site .widgettitle,
.widget_nav_menu {
  text-align: center;
}

gavred

Thanks for coming back to me again Danny. 

I feel like i'm doing something incredibly stupid here but see below: 

I've added your suggestion and I'm still not getting any movement. 

Sorry for taking up your time with something so basic. Its just wrecking my head and the guys are fixated on it for some reason. 

Any further thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated. 

Screen-Shot-2014-09-24-at-14.23.04.png

Danny

I have viewed your site and I see you have the list items center but not the title. When I inspect the title, I am not seeing any CSS rule styling the title to center. So have you removed the code I gave you above ?

If not try adding the following:

#site .widgettitle {
text-align: center;
}

gavred

Thanks Danny, 

Yeah I tried to go a different route by using Text widgets and links with a soft horizontal rule, but I'm not getting anywhere on that title front. 

I tried adding the CSS that you've suggested but I'm running into another problem which I've posted a new ticket for here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/36819-parse-error-custom-css-not-applying-even-when-the-offending-code-is-removed/

I think the two issues are related as none of my custom CSS is applying. Hopefully by solving one we can solve both issues. :) 

Thanks. 

gavred

Danny Thanks for all your help with this one. All sorted now. Now do I mark this as solved? 

Danny

No problem.