Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claude203

Is there a repository for all the section info/data created in a DMS2-based WordPress installation?

Claude203

Is there a repository somewhere in a WordPress installation (the database?) for all of the section info/data created in a DMS2-based WordPress installation? In other words, if one wanted to replicate on a new DMS2-based site the entire collection of sections including exact preferences that were set up for an existing DMS2-based site, is it possible to just copy the file with those details into the new site's database? (I'm not talking about any LISS/CSS entries, which I am sure could be cut and pasted from the existing to the new, as-is.)

Thank you.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny

Hi,

You can use the DMS or in your case the WhiteHouse Pro Import/Export options and export your templates, settings etc... to your new site.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Claude203

Thanks. I am aware that within Tools one can export posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus and custom posts. Specifically, in my case, I can export these

Pages

Products

Variations

Orders

Refunds

Webhooks

NextGEN Gallery - Album

NextGEN Gallery - Gallery

NextGEN Gallery - Image

NextGEN Gallery - Displayed Gallery

NextGEN Gallery - Display Type

NextGEN Gallery - Displayed Gallery Source

Lightbox Library

Slideshows

TablePress Tables

But that list doesn't include Templates, nor is it WHP6 or DMS2 specific. Is there another place where this export would be done, or is doing this straight from within Tools what you mean by what you described above?

Thank you.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny

DMS has its very own import/export settings via DMS Toolbar > Site Settings, which you can export all templates or specific templates. The information you have provided above is the WordPress import/export tool.

Claude203

Wow, great! OK, I'll try it! Does that kind of an export include the settings for sections, layouts, navigation, typography, color, background, social, etc.? What about sidebars? (I could not find any reference to import/export in the DMS2 Docs.) Thanks.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Claude203

Update: That worked great. Thank you!

Export (from the local test site) and import (to the new site) via DMS2 Settings takes care of everything including all sections, page layouts, typography, color, background, and any LISS/CSS customizations. It does not take care of menus or sidebars so I would recommend setting those up prior to going live. Also make sure any required media is uploaded ahead of time. The result is that we migrated from local host to live in about 45 minutes, the majority of that time involved setting up menus/sidebars in advance. Just switch themes and import the DMS2 data file, and that's it. Many of the write ups about moving WordPress sites were far to complex and this wasn't necessary here. 

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny

For Menus you can use this, I read an article that states it still works regardless of it not being updated in over 2 years, so you can give that a shot. As for Widgets you can sue this the widget exporter.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-exporter/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/

Claude203

Thank you! I didn't use the menu exporter because I had already duplicated the one menu on the site, but the widget exporter was very useful.

Claude Johnson
BlackFives.org

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• stebac
      By stebac+
      Hello!

Since i recently updated to WordPress 4.9.4 there have been some unusual behaviours with Platform 5 (version 5.1.8).

I am unable to edit the colour pickers for the backgrounds (the boxes do not show up anymore) and when i activate a plugin from the extend menu it does not show up in my page editor tools.
      Is this a problem for everyone else?
      Thank you in advance for your time.
      Ste.
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      Hello,
      I need some help!  I am trying to add a Square booking script.  When I add it to a embed section it crashes the page editor and I am unable to save the page version.  I have tried using different browsers with the same result.
       I can add the script on the backend in the word press content area and get it to show and work, but it look terrible.  A page with in a page.  http://www.zoeanastacia.com/booking/.
      I need help getting the page editor to work properly or to make the wp content section to not look like an 90's iframe.
      Thanks
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+

I have problems with the scroll, someone who can help me?
      Video_1487265541.wmv