Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

IOS8 Safari on LTE not displaying

jmad

With cache cleared.  Accessing some sites including ones made with DMS2 don't load all the way or at least oddly on mobile.  Biggest issue is part of the time the menu doesn't work.  

Not a problem when connected to wifi.

Help.

Simon
There is nothing in DMS, or WordPress itself that would be affected by what phone frequency you are using.

Maybe LTE has different DnS systems? I really dont know, we dont have LTE here in Europe so have no way to test.

My advice would be to contact your network provider.

jmad

Also seems to be an issue on 4G.  This is Safari specific.  Sites seem to work fine on other iphone browsers on ios8.  

Simon
Well i just checked several DMS sites on my phone, and all seems OK.

jmad

Hmmm.  You do have to have the cache cleared and not be on wi-fi for the problem to occur.  It's happening somewhat consistently.  The pagleines site menu won't work but the groundwork.cc site will but no image load.  

I've been in contact with Apple support as this seems specifically related to the ios8 update and Safari.  I've tried using the Pagelines Pro option of Javascript vs PHP and it seems to make little difference.

Danny

Is this effecting any other sites you have visited, as I fail to see how 4G can cause a site to not load unless the 4g reception is poor. I have tried PageLines.com and about twenty test sites all running DMS on my iPhone via my 4g connection in Safari on iOS 8 and I have no issue what so ever.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

Yep.  Almost any pagelines site I visit but at this point I don't think it is a DMS issue.  Because it is happening on some other sites but refresh will make those site eventually load with DMS it doesn't, especially if the site has RevSlider running.  It's an issue that is being escalated with Apple. 

Danny

Yeah, I read about this last night. Although, I haven't encountered it lol

jmad

Danny

I can't get most DMS sites in the "show us" area to load.  And like I said this is not a DMS specific issue.  However, other sites not DMS do seem to load slightly more reliably.  It' might have something to do with animations and certainly RevSlider doesn't load. 

I know there was a thread about turning off animations on mobile but I can't find it now....

Also, groundwork.cc does load fine over LTE maybe James Giroux could share the DMS Pro Settings and Dev Settings on that site?  I tried switching between using JavaScript over PHP but that didn't seem to make much difference.  

Simon
Enabling that setting will make absolutely no difference on how a site loads.

All it does is add some special css classes that you can use to tweak the layout.

James Giroux

groundwork.cc must just be special.  nothing specific done before or after iOS 8 to prep for the update. 

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

bartok

Is there any solution to this? I am experiencing the same problem on my site as well http:// test . jamesbeach . com

When loading the site on LTE via iPhone website doesn't fully load. Graphics are distorted and don't completely load. HELP!

jmad

bartok

I have a couple sites not on DMS and they load with fewer problems maybe the javascript but it's not just DMS.  I haven't heard back from Apple but I think this is an IOS8/Safari Issue.  

Does your site work if you use Chrome on IOS8 via LTE?

bartok

Yes it works fine with Chrome both mobile and desktop

Danny

This isn't a DMS issue, this has to be related to your carrier or iOS8 on your device. I am on EE LTE and have no issue loading any sites.

Simon

What ios version? There have been 3 releases since this thread started.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?