Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGonline

Randomly losing all information in pageline DMS but not from wordpress

PGonline

Please Help, I have been struggling with a problem where by page line DMS losses all information randomly, it seems to reset everything held in pageline DMS. All the information in word press is unaffected and still displays in a default pageline dms site without formatting templates or images. The site seem to work fine for a period of weeks usually then it will reset itself randomly, when it happens it can then reset itself a couple of time close together then it will be fine again for a couple of weeks or so sometimes a few days. I have changed all logings to be sure it is not malicious, I have updated word press and pageline dms to latest versions with the problem still happening. I have also now disabled all plugins except dms pro and dms updater. I am unsure where to find wordpress debug? Any idea of what might cause a reset of page line dms? 

DMS Debug Info

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Disabled

Multisite Enabled
No

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Path
/homepages/44/d363169138/htdocs/retailexpress/wordpress/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework URI
http://www.retailexpress.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework Version

PHP Version

WP_DEBUG
No

WP memory limit
40 MB

WP MAX memory limit
256 MB

PHP memory limit
256 MB

Mysql version

WP Max Upload Size
8 MB

PHP POST Max Size
8 MB

PHP Max Execution Time
50000s

PHP type
Cgi-fcgi

WebServer software
Apache

PHP User
U62808160

OS
Linux

Installed Plugins
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
pagelines-updater/pagelines-updater.php

Danny

Hi,

Now that you have disabled all plugins does the issue persists ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

PGonline

Hi Danny,

Yes it happened again sometime over the weekend with all the plugins disabled except the 2 pageline plugins.

Thanks

PGonline

I have done a Memory Test using the Pageline Pro setting (Results below), could this be effecting it?

Results:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 17563648) (tried to allocate 119275521 bytes) in /homepages/44/d363169138/htdocs/retailexpress/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18
Ram test Results: 131821Kb or approx 129Mb

Danny

I would say that could well be an issue, as your server is only allocating you 16.75Mb, this is insanely low. You need to contact your web host provider immediately and ask them to increase this to at least 60Mb, but I would push them to go over 60Mb. As the debug info says you have 256Mb which you clearly do not have.

If they refuse, which they may well do, you will want to use another host, as they're likely populating their servers with thousands of domains, something you do not want to part of.

PGonline

This is a Managed dedicated server, so just a couple of things running on it. I will progress this line and come back to you if no improvement after the memory issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Danny

OK, keep us posted.

PGonline

Hi Danny,

We have control over our the memory allocation of our managed dedicated server, we have increased it to "393216KB".I believe there is 4Gb of memory in the server.

I ran the Pageline Mem Test again (details below); we were unclear where you got the figure 16.75Mb for our server allocation from your previous post, to help us understand how much we are being allocated now?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 250347521 bytes) in /homepages/44/d363169138/htdocs/retailexpress/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18
Ram test Results: 261095Kb or approx 255Mb

Thanks

Danny

In the error you posted previous you wrote this:

Results:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 17563648) (tried to allocate 119275521 bytes) in /homepages/44/d363169138/htdocs/retailexpress/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18

17563648 bytes converts to 16.75 Megabytes, that is were I got that number from.

In error above, you write the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 250347521 bytes) in /homepages/44/d363169138/htdocs/retailexpress/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18

268435456 bytes converts to 256 Megabytes and the server is trying to allocate further 238.75 Megabytes. Therefore, there is most definitely something wrong with your server setup, as DMS nor WordPress requires that much memory.

The reason we have included a Mem Test is that so many users state they have X amount of memory configured on their server. However, some hosts can install scripts that say X value, but in reality you have no where near that value.

Therefore, the best course of action is to contact the host where you purchased your ded box from and ask them to investigate as this isn't an issue with DMS or WordPress, but your server setup.

PGonline

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the explanation,I haven't had a problem with the site since I increased the (Apache server) memory.

Just a note that where you say, "the server is trying to allocate further 238.75 Megabytes" - I believe this is the memory test script that is trying to allocate this as part of it's test, not anything the server or website is doing. I think this means the memory settings are pretty much where they should be now?

Thanks for your help.

Simon
Thats the way the memtest script works, it keeps increasing the load until PHP craps itself with the fatal error, then prints the result.

Some hosts will hide or fake the max memory setting in php.ini so you think you have 256M but then a security module will kill any script using more than 30M.
Luckily these types of hosts are falling out of favour because the price of a decent VPS is so cheap now :)

PGonline

Hi Danny,

The issue of Pageline DMS2 lossing all it information is still occuring, do you have any suggetion?

Thanks

Danny

There are really only two main ways DMS can loose all information, settings etc.. one being a cache plugin and that just been enabled and therefore, causes issues. Cache plugins need to be configured correctly to your server environment if not they can cause chaos. Two, your server isn't configured correctly, with your previous issues, the latter in this case seems the logical reasons as to why you're experiencing these problems.

We can not provide support to configure users servers, therefore you're going to need to contact your web host provider and ask them to investigate the issue. Ask them to see if there is anything out of the ordinary with your server.

PGonline

Hi Danny,

Is there a Pageline DMS2 recomended server host and package?

Thanks

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?