Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chamois_blanc

Hidden canvas area on a page deletes its content!

chamois_blanc

As stated, hiding a canvas area for a specific page deletes its content entirely. So not acceptable.

Gilles

Danny

Hi Gilles,

What content are you referring to. As I have just this moment add a Canvas area to my template and inside the Canvas area, I added a Masthead section. I then proceeded to add the Page ID from Page Setup > Page Handling to the Canvas Hide section option and clicked publish. I received the following notification "Canvas Area is hidden or returned no output.". I then removed the page ID from the hiding sections field, clicked publish again and the Canvas section along with the Masthead section were visible again.

tldr: I am unable to recreate the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chamois_blanc

I had setup the fixed area with a media box section and a navi section and two pages. Trying to hide the whole canvas fixed area resulted in the content of the area disappearing. Both my media box and navi sections are gone.

If you cannot reproduce it this way, I will have to do a little video. Do you know a good tool to do that on a Mac?

Danny

Are you saying that when you hide the Canvas area, it is also hiding all sections inside that canvas area, if this is the case, then that is how it is supposed to work.

Or have I misunderstood ?

chamois_blanc

Hi Danny,

I am saying when I hide the Canvas area, its content is deleted entirely and I cannot get it back.

Danny

Can you record your issue please, as I have tried to recreate this several times with different configurations and not been able to. A recording will be able to show us exactly what you're doing and help us try to recreate it, to see if it is a bug or not. To record your screen, we recommend QuickCast if you're a Mac user and Jing for Windows.

Also, if you disable all active plugins, does this resolve your issue ?

chamois_blanc

Hi Danny,

Coming back to this as the development of the related website is restarting now. I had hidden a fair number of canvas area sections using two options:

- Hide this section from logged out users

- Hide this section from logged in users

I wanted to hide the section for everyone, therefore I selected both options.

When I try to unhide the section by de-selecting the second option, nothing is there in the section anymore. It is all gone.

Danny

Okay, I will need to pass this onto our developers for them to investigate.

chamois_blanc

Can you tell me how pages and templates are stored in the wordpress database so that I can try to restore some of them from backup? is the info stored in the wp_postmeta table? and/or somewhere else?

I see all my sections in the wp_pl_data_sections table, even the ones that I cannot access anymore. But it's not quite clear how they get linked into the page layout. It would also be nice to have some interface that could allow to retrieve those "lost" sections.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?