Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chamois_blanc

How can DMS page content be made searchable?

chamois_blanc

Hi,

As far as I understand, DMS puts the content of a page (posts excepted) in its own separate database structure. It doesn't seem like wordpress search has access to it. Is there a way to enable non-post page content search, sort of resorting to use something like a local google site search?

Thank you,

Gilles

Danny

Hi,

In DMS 1.x, there was an option to allow section content be indexed. However, this is not currently possible with DMS 2.x, due to changes we made. However, I have informed our developers of this and added it to our issue tracker.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chamois_blanc

Okay thanks. Search is a basic function of all good websites. I hope this is way up in your priority list.

Danny

DMS hasn't removed any search functionality, all search functionality is provided by WordPress. If that section has no Search field, that doesn't mean that your site can use search. WordPress includes a Search widget that you can add to any template you like that has a widgetized section applied to it. DMS also includes a search field via the Navi and NavBar sections.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      How can I remove the Search function from NavPro?
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Would be great to have the ability to include a search option within menus and within Splashup - is this possible?