Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redstate

Setting Blog text width same as photos & videos

Danny

Hi,

Add the following to your custom CSS:

.entry-title,
.entry-content p {
max-width: 500px;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

redstate

Thank you. That was simple! Why 500 instead of 560?

How could I display the headline and date above the photos/videos on the Blog and the Home page Blog if I wanted to? The photo is currently displayed first.

Danny

I apologise, I thought you want them set to 500px not 560px, just change the value in the code I have provided above.

In regards to re-positioning your images, text etc.. you will want to try legacy mode and use the thumbnail position options. If this isn't to your liking or you can not achieve the layout you want, you will need to edit the section code. This isn't something I would recommend unless you have knowledge of PHP.

If you have any other questions, please create a new topic as our forum policy is one question per topic.

redstate

OK, Thanks. I'll just leave the photos on top for now.

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with being able to post to my blog with platform 5. Currently when i click publish, it just shows the homepage of MoonBodySoul.com. That is until i open the page editor and change the scope from "All of type: Posts" to "Current Page Only". Then I have to re-insert the menu header as well. This seems like a really dumb process. In past versions of pagelines, I could just post a blog and the menu would be there and there would be no formatting issues. What can I do to fix this?
      MoonBodySoul.com

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      How do you move the thumbnail on a blog post?  I need the thumbnails for the blogroll page, but they show up at the top of the actual post page.  Normally, this would be fine, but I've been requested to put it under the blog title.  Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      My client is asking for a new blog layout similar to the one found here:  http://blog.perkinswill.com/pokemon-augmented-reality-and-the-future-of-urban-design/ 
      They have a splashy full-width background image overlaid with part of the blog and one sidebar.  The navigation arrows send you to the next post.
      Does anyone know if this is even possible using Framework 5?  If so, can you send me some advice on how to get here?
      Totally stuck!
      Thanks.
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I am using "Pins" for my blog now and I have some problems with the big style of the pins.
      I'd like to have smaller pins, how is it possible to make them smaller?
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/blog/