Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chamois_blanc

Link without color change

chamois_blanc

Hi,

Is there a way to add a link to some text without the text changing color? I usually use text-decoration:none, but it does not seem to be enough with the DMS theme.

Thank you,

Gilles

Danny

Hi Giles,

If you go to DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Color and then match the link color with your text color, this should resolve you issue. Like so - https://cloudup.com/cruAckG04Ml

Please search our forums, before posting!

chamois_blanc

Actually what I wanted was this:

<a href="#link" style="color:inherit; text-decoration:none; -webkit-text-stroke: inherit; text-shadow:inherit">My Link</a>

The most important one is the color inherit. The text stroke and text shadow are specific to my website design.

Gilles

Danny

I am going to have to see your website to get a better understanding of what it you're referring to.

chamois_blanc

Sure, same as last time:

http://test.swinginatthesavoy.com/

I've added links to the section titles so that if I click on them, the content scrolls to that section. I did not want the section titles to turn blue (which is the regular link color).

Gilles

Danny

OK, so just change your link color in color settings. I am not seeing any additional styling nor do I understand why you want to use inherit ?

https://cloudup.com/cimqOUHrkXk

If you change the link color in color settings, they will look like this:

https://cloudup.com/cwvrq3sBMxi

chamois_blanc

Hi Danny,

Thank for responding. I do not want that particular link not have the blue link color. I want the section links not to have the blue color, ie those links:

<a href="#instructors" rel="m_PageScroll2id" style="color:inherit; text-decoration:none; -webkit-text-stroke: inherit; text-shadow:inherit">INSTRUCTORS</a> 

Gilles

Danny

You can change the color of your links using the DMS color settings, if you change the link color option so that it matches your text color, then this will resolve your issue.

Therefore, if this isn't resolving your issue, then I apologise, but I am not sure what it is you're referring to. All link colors in DMS are related to the links color option. If you're referring to a particular section, those links to should use that color. If you want a particular section to have a different color, then you're going to need to use custom CSS.

chamois_blanc

Right, I want some links to have the regular link color and other links not to change color at all. It would be nice to have a predefined class for that. But I found a way to do it with custom css as I wrote above. So I'm good.

Danny

AH OK, I understand now. You want to have different colored links. Yeah to do this for specific elements, you're going to need to use custom CSS. Adding an option to change the link color in all elements/sections isn't going to happen I don't think. As, something like that would only lead to confusing new users.

However, I will pass your feedback onto our developers.

chamois_blanc

I guess what would be useful would be a class to disable any text decoration (underline, color change...) so that it can easily be added to the corresponding section. Thanks for responding.

• Similar Content

• greatthingsllc
      By greatthingsllc+
      In Platform 5, Using Framework Section for Content , I have set the hyperlink colors in the CUSTOMIZE section.   However, none of the pages are properly displaying the link colors.   Just defaulting to black, and underline on hover.   I did not see where this would be controlled at the page level or lower
      Site    doritbrauer.com
      Thanks
      Josh

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Wierd little problem with the "boxes"-section. Just updated to latest version of all..
      The outline-default-link puts itself behind another container.. or so.. so the top/bottom border won't show, also the left and right box won't show the border on the left side for the left box, and same for the right box, on the right side.
      The padding/margin is ofc on default-settings.. What can this be?

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?