Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redstate

Blog needs page title

redstate

How do I make the Blog page title under NEWS the same size & same font as the page titles appear on all the other pages?

See: http://americansendingabuse.org

I've checked Show Page Title and checked Enable Legacy, which was necessary to get page titles to display on other pages.

I entered Blog in the Standard Title block and text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 80%

but that doesn't work.

I want the page titles to display on all the pages under NEWS.

Danny

Hi,

The blog is a static page and therefore, enabling the page title option will not work on a blog page, as it isn't actually considered a page. To display your page title on pages like your Blog etc.., the simplest way would be to drag and drop a TextBox section and add your title there.

Please search our forums, before posting!

redstate

Thank you. Text Box works fine but I liked the look better using Highlight that I added to the Home page previously. Problem is that all of a sudden the text is not displaying in the Highlight section, either on the Home Page or on the Blog page. Any idea why? Guess I can just use the Text Box if I can't use Highlight.

Danny

You should be able to use the Highlight section, can you link me to a page where the highlight isn't working or even a screenshot please.

redstate

OK. Thanks. http://americansendingabuse.org

Just scroll down below the ibox on the Home page where you see the space above the Blog and look on the top of the Blog page under News. Highlight text isn't working in either place. I don't mind using Text Box but I'll show you this problem in hopes I won't have it happen elsewhere.

Danny

The text is there, it just has a color value of white, so thats why you can't see it. Have you added custom CSS at all or change the color values anywhere to white ?

redstate

Oh yes, my techie added "color:#ffffff;" in the Inline CSS Styling box so the Highlight on the Home page below the Revslider would be white on black. Should it be added elsewhere?

Danny

No you shouldn't have to remove it, but it is likely that it is also on the other highlight which you have added to a white backgorund, so remove that, but keep the other one in place.

redstate

Nope it's not displaying on the other two. The code evidently is carrying over though. I don't plan to use Highlight anywhere else at this point anyway and can just use a text box but maybe this is a bug. Thanks.

Danny

Can you provide a screenshot of the inline styling please. As, it shouldn't be carrying over.

redstate

Sure. How do I? What's your email? I used Paint and have an image for you to see.

Danny

Take a screenshot of your inline settings and then use an image hosting service such as imgur. Then provide a link to the image so we can view it.

Danny

Yeah the code isn't correct, there is no need for the "" so please remove them. The code should look like this:

color: #fff;

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with being able to post to my blog with platform 5. Currently when i click publish, it just shows the homepage of MoonBodySoul.com. That is until i open the page editor and change the scope from "All of type: Posts" to "Current Page Only". Then I have to re-insert the menu header as well. This seems like a really dumb process. In past versions of pagelines, I could just post a blog and the menu would be there and there would be no formatting issues. What can I do to fix this?
      MoonBodySoul.com

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      How do you move the thumbnail on a blog post?  I need the thumbnails for the blogroll page, but they show up at the top of the actual post page.  Normally, this would be fine, but I've been requested to put it under the blog title.  Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      My client is asking for a new blog layout similar to the one found here:  http://blog.perkinswill.com/pokemon-augmented-reality-and-the-future-of-urban-design/ 
      They have a splashy full-width background image overlaid with part of the blog and one sidebar.  The navigation arrows send you to the next post.
      Does anyone know if this is even possible using Framework 5?  If so, can you send me some advice on how to get here?
      Totally stuck!
      Thanks.
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I am using "Pins" for my blog now and I have some problems with the big style of the pins.
      I'd like to have smaller pins, how is it possible to make them smaller?
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/blog/
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      Hi would like to have the thumbnail photos on the left side and not on the top of the topic to the blog post. Where can i fix that?
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/blog/
      Greetings from Hamburg,
      Tristan