Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

helixseo

Full width slider

helixseo

Is there any widgetized area available to be a full width? We want to use plugin Layer Slider and we cannot find the way to make full width slider. Is there any option how and where we can put php code in homepage file inside of our childtheme or put the slider shortcode? 

Danny

Download the full width Widgetizer I created here - https://github.com/Dannyholt/fullwidth-widgetizer

Once downloaded, extract the zip and then upload it to your child themes sections folder, if you do not have a child theme, you can download mine here - http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton

Please search our forums, before posting!

helixseo

Thank you for the response. I uploaded both into Section folder of the recommended childtheme. The problem is that I cannot see them inisde the Add to Page area. Do I have to put some php code inside the function.php file to make them "visible"? Thanks!

Danny

Ah my bad, make sure the child theme is the active theme, then goto the DMS Toolbar > Add to Page and click the Reload Sections button. Then they should appear.

helixseo

Thank you, we got that part setup ok, but we see no way to configure the widget to pull from a specific sidebar/widget area. Like there is for the content width section.  It just says:

No Options

There are no options available.

helixseo

Thank you.  Can you tell me how to install or where to place this file?  There are not instructions, I guess it goes in the sections folder but that doesn't work

I figured out that this is a plugin, and I found it in the sections.  I think I am set now on this thread.

Danny

OK, no problem.

atcdomainsolutions

Download the full width Widgetizer I created here - https://github.com/Dannyholt/fullwidth-widgetizer

Once downloaded, extract the zip and then upload it to your child themes sections folder, if you do not have a child theme, you can download mine here - http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton

Danny I saw this post after searching for a full width section.

I saw your child theme you mentioned here as well and while I have been using DMS since the first week it was launched, all sites I build, I just install DMS and then build the site.  I downloaded your child theme and added it to a local site I'm starting.  To add this plugin you created, I am confused as to which file in the zipped file and exactly where to install it. 

Would love some help as well as any helpful tips since I want to start using child themes for all sites going fwd and get more into true development.

Danny

To install a section from my repo, simply download the sections zip for example full width widgetizer and then extract it, remove the -master from the folder name. Now all you need to do is upload the folder to the sections folder in the skeleton theme, if there is no sections folder, create one or download the advanced version.

helixseo

I actually figured it out yesterday, I did get it installed with not issues after you told us to reload the section, but we didn't see any settings to choose the widget area set into the section.  Then yesterday realized to access those setting I just need to click the Pencil editor icon in design view, now I got it figured out, thanks, I appreciate your help, it's nice plugin.

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I'm trying to make a visible border around the entirety of a client's site.  Example on some other site here:
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/movement

So it is around the Title, Menu, and Content Area.  I'm having a bit of difficulty with this on pagelines, using the Framework theme. It's slightly more complex because the site has a "landing page" that doesn't need the border. Much like this homepage
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/

Right now I'm using a content width of 80%, and fullscreen.  But maybe thats not the best way to do it.  

So, with the #site id, I can hit the whole area on most of the site, but I'm not sure how I can remove it for just one page.
      #site { border:1px solid #ccc; margin: 100px 5% 5% 50px; } anyone have any suggestions?  Maybe I need to go make a child template, not sure?  Thanks!
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello There, 
      I am working with Platform 5 and have run into an unnerving problem. I am trying to position my clients picture along the bottom of the container, so that it sits right on the bottom. After a good hour of googling and messing with the CSS I figured I would ask the question here. Below is my screenshot displaying my problem. I will need to do this frequently in the future. 
      My Problem Image
      Unlike in DMS, when I add a margin to an embed or image box it simply makes the container larger while keeping the padding, I cannot have any padding or any space whatsoever on the bottom of my clients image.  Is there a way to remove all padding from the container so I can have this work across screen sizes? If not is there anyway to position an element directly at the bottom of another element in Platform 5? This seems like a basic feature and was easily attainable within DMS. 
      I cannot create an image combining all these elements as it will not scale well on mobile and will make my clients logo unreadable and her face incredibly small. 

Thank you for any help,
      Perry
    • FRevi
      By FRevi+
      I am trying to achieve a gallery (Envira Gallery plugin) that spans the full width of a page, within Platform 5 theme. Can't figure it out.
      The page should look roughly like this: www.frankrevi.photography/envira/favorites-2 (maybe minus the title, that's another story). This is a standalone gallery page and not part of my site. Nothing links to it.
      But instead it is this on the real page: www.frankrevi.photography/favorites.
      Currently I have the gallery in a Pagelines Framework Content section. My framework content wrap is set to unwrapped full width. I'm using all 12 columns. In Pagelines Settings, my Layout/Nav Content Width is set to 100%.
      How can I get the gallery on the real page URL to be the full page width please?
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.