Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caj.btr

Morefoot footers not displaying content

caj.btr

I'm just now learning how to use WordPress, and I am using PageLines "Platform" theme version 1.4.2. I don't know what version of Pagelines to report.

I have been unable to get the three morefoot sidebars to display any content even though I have selected that option in the Paglines template setup area, and have content in the sidebars. I don't know what I am missing, but nothing I did seemed to enable any content to display in the three column format.

I asked the programmer who introduced me to WordPress if he could help me figure out what I was doing wrong.

His reply:

"I spent half an hour looking into this and don't have an answer for you. It looks to me like you set everything up just like you needed to. My best guess is the theme is not working right.

"I can see some html added in the footer when I choose the three-column option but no visible content is displayed. This is likely a bug in the theme. I recommend you contact the owner of the theme and ask for help."

Can anyone help me figure this out? I am old-time Front-Page user switching to WordPress to update my horrible web sites. Learning as I go. I'm good once I get oriented, but all of this is uncharted territory for me.

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please so we can take closer look. Can you also provide screenshots of your widgets and the drag and drop settings so we can see where you have added the Morefoot section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

caj.btr

Thanks, Danny,

I will get the screenshots done this evening when I get on the other side of my workday. I will have to set up a user ID for you as an admin and send you the log in info. The site is currently not live under the final URL, and I access it through an admin user ID.

I'd like to give you the log on info securely and not on an open forum. Is that possible?

Danny

You can send me your admin username and password via a private message on the forums, this way only myself will see the info.

caj.btr

I've sent a private message to you. I have not done the screenshots. I'll see about them momentarily.

Danny

I have received no private message from yourself ?

caj.btr

I used the "send message" option shown on your profile page. I will change the password. Can you tell me how else to snd a private message please?

Danny

Send me an email danny at pagelines dot com

In the email provide a link to this topic as well as all other information I asked for. Otherwise, I will not know what your email is regarding.