Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

margie

iHeader iNavigation change home icon

margie

[attachment=2420:Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 9.58.12 AM.png]Hi,

I want to place our company logo in the nav bar in place of the current caret.  i have tried to follow the steps outlined in a post I read where the gentleman was having the same issue but they have not worked for me.  I put the following css in the Custom LESS/CSS box:

/* This hides the icon */
#site .homebutton .icon-pagelines {
display: none;
}
/* Add your image CSS here */
.homebutton { ... }

But I still get this: (see attached file)

My second question, do I just list the name of my logo between the curly brackets in the CSS, assuming it has been loaded in the media files?
For example, .homebutton { my_logo.jpeg }

Thank you.

Danny

Hi,

I have replied to a similar topic the other day, the instructions on that topic work, for hiding the icon. You're then going to need to use custom CSS to display your company logo/image. If you follow the instructions on that topic you will be able to display your logo/image.

To add an image to an element via CSS you're going to need to use the background-image property, for more information see this article - http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-image.asp

Please search our forums, before posting!

margie

Thanks so much.  Getting there.  I have been able to remove the PL logo and the home icon and replace it with my logo; however now my logo is cut off by the navigation items.  How can I move the menu items right to make space to view the full image?

Thanks again.

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in question, so I can take a closer look please.

margie

I apologize for submitting multiple questions concerning the same topic.  I truly did not realize I had done so.  May I send you an email with the details of the site as it is private and not yet published?  If this is possible, where do i go to send you an email?

Danny

Send me a private message with your sites URL, admin username and password and I'll take a look.