Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8216az7373

Pagelines Installation Error

8216az7373

On a recent question it was mentioned that I had incorrectly installed the Pagelines Frameworks theme.

Since this comment was under a different question, I started this topic to keep them separate.

I have Pagelines Frameworks on a few of my personal sites. Not all of them have this issue even thought I installed the theme the same on each site.

I followed the directions given to me recently to reinstall.

1) rename current installation Old_pagelines-5 (the folder was named pagelines-5)

2) Download and reinstall current Pagelines Theme into a folder named Pagelines on my site

3) Delete folder named Old_pagelines-5

The only folder for this theme is now Pagelines and it is in the Themes folder

However, I still get the following error:

_________

Install Error!

PageLines Framework must be installed in a folder called 'pagelines' to work with child themes and extensions.
Current path: /home/content/65/7682965/html/kinetixgroupinfo/wp-content/themes/PageLines

_________

Depending upon the site name that portion of the path changes as I am getting this on more than one site. I don't see any other folder/version of page lines to delete. Im not sure how to proceed.

This is occurring on kinetixgroup.com and kinetixgroup.info to name two sites.

Simon

PageLines is not pagelines

Servers are case sensitive.

8216az7373

Thank you for your reply.

I changed all folder names to Pagelines.

I still get the following Error:

___

Install Error!

PageLines Framework must be installed in a folder called 'pagelines' to work with child themes and extensions.

Current path: /home/content/65/7682965/html/wp-content/themes/PageLines

___

By the way. The folder that I downloaded from Pagelines had a cap P on Pagelines, but when I copied it to the database using Fetch it created the folder with a lower case p. Not sure why. Anyway, I now have all databases with Pagelines folders using cap P.

Does it take time for the servers to propagate? Not sure why it is still giving an error.

Simon

Pagelines is not pagelines

Servers are case sensitive.

Must be all lowercase.

• Similar Content

• jennajonesdesign
      By jennajonesdesign+
      Hi Guys, 
      I am still using DMS. I am trying to use Pins Pro. I have tried installing it on my clients site as well as the demo site we have and I get an error each time. 
      It says:
      Unpacking the package…
      Installing the plugin…
      The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
      Plugin install failed.
      I also tried uploading through FTP. 
      All the files are upload and now it say this under "DropIns"
      db-error.php Custom database error message.
      I did re-download from my dashboard to make sure it was the latest version. I also tried unzipping, and then zipping up the sub folder inside. None of this has worked. Any ideas?

Jenna