Sign in to follow this  
damon_spurlock

Whitehoue Pro3 - Remove Header Image from Home Feature Page?

damon_spurlock

1. Is there a way to NOT show the header image on the Feature home page but DO show it on the other pages and posts? 2. Is there a way (plugin) to randomly rotate banner / header images when the page refreshes? As always, thank you very much.

nett-ed

1. This would require a hack/customization to one of the theme files. Mainly it involves modifying the if statement where the features gets called from the template file. If you're up for it: You'll need to edit the template_posts.php file in the library folder of the theme. On line 11 you'll see code as follows

if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-page.php') || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog')))) $featureslide_template = true;

Change that to:
	if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-page.php') || (!is_home() && pagelines('featureblog')))) $featureslide_template = true;

2. The plugin directory turned up to many to list and I'm not all too familiar with any specific one. But searching the plugin directory is your best bet http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-random-header/

damon_spurlock

Eduardo, thanks for the reply. I made your edit and it added the Feature section TO all of the other pages. What I want to do is REMOVE the header image from the Feature / Home page that I placed in the Custom Header Image area of the Theme Options Header and Nav page. I want that header on the other post and pages, but not on my home page. Is there a way to remove it from the home page?

cmunns

you could do it with CSS, unless you want it replaced with something else? Which is it?

damon_spurlock

Hi Adam, I would like to remove the Header image totally from the Home / Feature page as it won't be necessary with the Feature section will handle my branding. So, I guess CSS?? On the post and other pages, I want the Header image to be shown to reflect my branding. Once I get that taken care of, I'll try to make the header images randomly rotate between a few images for a little change. No banner ads, just images. Thank you, sir.

nett-ed

So I'm not entirely clear on what you want to accomplish. By the header image do you mean the default logo in the header? And you just want that to not show up on the home page, correct?

damon_spurlock

But I do want it to show on all the other posts and pages.

bryan-hadaway

Try dropping: `.home .home{display:none}` in your Custom CSS. If that doesn't work I need a link to your site. Thanks, Bryan

damon_spurlock

BAM! That worked perfectly. Thank you, sir.