Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MobileParity

Import Multisite Posts into Flipper

MobileParity

I am trying to import product images from across a multisite install into either flipper or the masonic gallery. I am using DMS2 and although I don't believe DMS2 has this kind of multisite functionality it would be great to know how to display the posts in either of the sections.

Danny

Hi,

Both Flipper and Masonic section display posts from a post type, this can be posts, pages or custom post type. So if you import these posts, the just select the post type or am I misunderstanding you ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

MobileParity

I don't believe you are misunderstanding me. it just sounds too simple. Any recommendations on how to pull site images from accross a mulitsite network?

Danny

If you run the importer, it should give you the option to include attachments, which I believe includes the posts featured image.

MobileParity

Which importer are you referring to? And can it be automated?

Danny

If you have posts on one site and wish to import them into another site, you need to use the WordPress importer. Once the posts are imported you will be able to select that post type from the Flipper settings.

MobileParity

Understood. That will be too cumbersome if our multi-site community grows to a substantial size. Do you know of any other way to display WooCommerce products from a sub-site to the main site? I appreciate the assistance.

Cheers,

AG

Simon

It might be possible with a plugin...

The plugin would have to be in the mu-plugins folder, so its active on all sites.

It could use switch_to_blog() to change to the other blog, then you can use woocommerce functions to get post data and display them

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/switch_to_blog

The whole thing could be wrapped into a shortcode that can be used anywhere on any site...

• Similar Content

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      The Filtering of categories in the Masonic Gallery refreshes back to ALL categories when the DMS Revslider loads a new image?
      Anybody any idea? See Artists Category refreshes back to ALL when the DMS Revslider with images on the top loads a news image on http://www.18hrsfestival.nl/
    • stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      I am using the Powerloop plug-in on my DMS website and can sort my elements by Postdate, but I want to sort the pages in Alphabetic order.
      Actually the same question for sorting Flipper content in Alphabetic order instead of Ascending / Descending / Random options.
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      We only want the images and title mouse-over, not link/click to the actual post the title is from.
      Any ideas anyone?
      Thanks
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      I just installed and added the Flipper section to my home page and it makes my navigation/menu bar items disappear.
      They do show up again when scrolling down and everything seems normal on the other pages.
      http://yemoonyah.com
      Thanks.

• Susan
      By Susan+
      I have three items in my Masonic section. I would like them to center on the page. Here is the page on my staging site. What is the CSS code to do this? I don't see another option to handle this.
      Thank you.